Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
• Provide Level 2 and Level 1 problem identifications, diagnose and regular troubleshoots with various windows operating systems like Linux etc.
• Understand and ability to write Power shell or python code to remediate on going regular system maintenance
• Supporting Infrastructure services (like Sendmail, SFTP, AD, DNS, and NTP), and have a good understanding of HTTP/HTTPS traffic
• SQL cluster deployments knowledge and theoretical understanding on SQL service packs and cumulative updates
• Knowledge on SQL database end client dependencies and perform OS level tuning based on SQL cluster loads
• Work with Ansible and Puppet to develop patch management scripts and route operational remediation.
• Provide support for regular systems patching, change implementations, maintenance and enhancements to production IT systems
• Documentation written skills to prepare Knowledge base articles for IT applications and hardware changes, and to prepare Root Cause Analysis in case of system failures.
• Proactively respond and work on problem alerts receiving through monitoring tools and other sources
• Be part of on-call rotation with other team players to monitor systems health and proactively engage SMEs to resolve issues on-time.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other Technical discipline
• 2-4 years of production operational experience in IaaS and PaaS, and proven ability in automate routine operational work using technologies
• Linux System Administration with experience in Storage and Network troubleshooting.
• Experience in handling day to day Linux Operations.
• Hands on experience with Azure/AWS/OpenStack cloud solutions and optimize
• Server Performance Monitoring
• Monitoring and optimizing performance for various services (i.e. Apache, JBoss, Tomcat), OS resources (memory, CPU, disk IO), and platforms (Load balancers, Xen, VMware, Monsoon, UCS, Azure, AWS)
• Strong hands on experience on virtual (VMware/XEN) and Physical Servers (Cisco UCS, HP, Lenovo)
• Familiarity with monitoring frameworks either open source or Enterprise tools like Nagios, Icinga2, Zabbix and SolarWinds etc.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 7, 2020, 4:42:47 AM