The incumbent is required to have an understanding of US GAAP and International Financial Reporting Standards and be able to prepare a full set of financial statements independently as well as work with senior management from different business units on accounting treatment.
Principle Activities are:
Support business partners (30%)
- Determine accounting treatment and support the accounting implementation of complex business initiatives across different business units
- Engaging business unit controllership and Global Accounting Policy & Advisory (GAPA) group in accounting discussions
- Support ad-hoc business queries
Participate in legal entity governance activities (15%)
Review intercompany charge-in and charge-out to the legal entity
Handle statutory and tax reporting matters (10%)
- Liaise with external auditors, tax agents and corporate secretary
- Prepare audit and tax schedules as appropriate
Participate in monthly financial close process including (15%):
- Review reasonableness of Oracle sub-ledger automated receipt based accruals;
- Review reasonableness of Oracle sub-ledger fixed assets report;
- Review of manual opex accruals
- Preparation of manual sub-ledger supports for Controllership owned processes
- Process Manual Journal Entries for Controllership owned processes in the Oracle Sub-Ledger system
Review and monitor legal entity financial performance (25%)
- Perform variance analysis of profit and loss and balance sheet, actual vs legal entity forecast, Prior Month, Quarter, YTD
- Prepare and present legal entity reporting to Senior Management
- Prepare sub-ledger supports for Controllership owned accounts
- Monitor status of account reconciliations and support process owners to ensure aged and unreconciled items are cleared in a timely manner;
- Partner closely with finance colleagues in financial centre to research on unusual items
Participate in Monthly Relationship Partners/Manager's call with colleagues in the financial centre to ensure that issues are identified and resolved in a timely manner
Participation in ad-hoc finance reviews and initiatives (5%)
The incumbent should be a self motivator and is flexible to work on changing demands and requirements. This role works with various stakeholders in a matrix organization and the candidate should be comfortable to interact and work with leaders across various business units. The candidate should be or is in the process of embarking on a professional qualification with a recognized accounting body example ACCA, CPA Australia or CA Singapore.
- Degree holder in Accounting, Finance or related discipline
- Understanding of US GAAP, International Financial Reporting Standards and legal entity governance
- 3-5 years’ experience ideally with external audit experience in Big 4
- Accountable individual who has the sense of responsibility and can work independently with minimal supervision
- Mature, able to carry yourself professionally and self motivated
- Strong analytical and reasoning skills in drawing insights from financial data
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks in a fast paced environment
- Flexible and easily adaptable to changing priorities
- Focus to deliver top quality results
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Confident team player who can work a range of team members and management across different functions and cultural diversity
- Proactive and energetic with a positive attitude
- Good Knowledge of Word and PowerPoint
- Advance knowledge of Excel (VBA) preferred
- Knowledge of Oracle ERP system preferred
- Data management experience preferred (SQL, Power BI, Tableau)
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
American Express has been awarded Aon Hewitt Best Employer Singapore six times. Join us and you’ll soon see why.
As an employee, you can expect challenging work, with purpose. Be more than just your job. Be the voice of inspiration and transform the way the world does business for a living. By joining American Express, you are choosing to become a part of the dynamic team that is recognized as Singapore's "Best Employer 2018".
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 6, 2020, 9:33:11 PM