Small merchants play a critical role in the strength of our economy and American Express has a history of being an advocate for small merchants. By providing visibility, marketing and developing signature programs such as, our year-round Shop Small program and Small Business Saturday, American Express has helped get more customers to their shops.
The U.S. Small Merchants is making American Express “Welcomed Everywhere and Used Every Day” by building unique experiences for merchants through third-party acquiring partnerships, effective client management, world-class analytics, promotions and marketing initiatives. This position represents an exciting opportunity to help U.S. Small Merchants profitably retain and grow a high value portfolio of over 9M merchants that collectively deliver over $250B in annual charge volume.
Specifically, this position will focus on:
- Creating world class analytics and adding valuable insights to inform Small Merchant acquisition strategy
- Lead the analytics, measurement and reporting across Key Performance Indicators
- Creating data segmentation & optimization strategies for targeting merchants with the right campaigns /incentive across multiple channels to boost Welcome Acceptance
- Develop insights into merchant behavior and introduce new approaches to transform complex behavioral data into actionable information
- Partner with Small Merchant Acquisition on strategic initiatives driving growth
- Establish and maintain close relationships with key partners in GMS to understand business strategies, develop goals / objectives, and address challenges and opportunities
- Enable transformation in decision making capabilities across channels by exploring big data/machine learning techniques integrating traditional structured data with unstructured data
- 5+ years relevant experience
- Master's Degree in a quantitative field (e.g. Finance, Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, Computer Science or Economics)
- Expertise in database management systems (e.g., SQL, SAS etc.) and Tableau is required; Knowledge and experience with Python a plus
- Strong technical and analytical skills with the ability to apply both quantitative methods and business skills to create insights and drive results
- Excellent business writing and presentation with the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of managements and influence strategy
- Strong collaborator with an ability to build relationships and challenge the status quo.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and across a matrix organization partnering with capabilities, decision sciences, technology teams and external vendors to deliver solutions at top speed
- Highly organized and detail oriented with a strong ability to multi-task
Depending on factors such as business unit requirements, the nature of the position, cost and applicable laws, American Express may provide visa sponsorship for certain positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 7, 2020, 9:28:27 AM