General Counsel’s Organization:
Where great legal minds influence global business strategy.
The GCO mission is to protect and strengthen American Express through legal expertise and strategic advice that helps business partners manage risk, identify opportunities, and deliver on the company’s promise of exceptional products and services. Given the dynamic nature of the global payments industry and the valued partnership between our team and the business, we see it as imperative to attract and develop talented people by:
- Providing rich work experiences and opportunities for professional development
- Recognizing and rewarding those who drive and deliver results
- Respecting and valuing diversity, integrity, and personal accountability
Role & Responsibility
Over the last year, the GCO has identified 10 core skills that guide the professional development of our attorneys. We are seeking a learning professional with extensive experience in designing and executing learning curriculums and strong results in transferring training into performance results.
This individual will be responsible for leading the development of an engaging and interactive curriculum, utilizing the 10 core competencies across the U.S. and International colleagues.
You should be accustomed to working in a matrix environment and will partner with leaders and designers to define needs, translate business requirements into performance-based learning and execute innovative learning strategies. This role will have the ability to influence and drive results in a highly collaborative environment.
The ability to communicate effectively in visual, oral and written form and deliver engaging presentations to business leaders is a critical skill for success.
On a day to day basis, the candidate will:
- Plan and manage learning programs & curriculum, leveraging e-learning and other delivery methods.
- Consult with business partners across geographies to define and craft the learning strategy and plans.
- Promote collaboration, partnership and relationships among the participants and stakeholders in a design project.
- Select, modify or create a design and development model appropriate for different Band levels & experiences across Practice Groups.
- Work with internal experts and external partners to design, develop, and build blended learning experiences.
- Acquire and apply new technology skills to instructional design practice.
- Create the design outline for a curriculum or program.
- Analyze existing curriculum to determine if there are changes in the learner knowledge base, technology and or the organization.
- Manage the learning strategy of the Legal Learning Hub.
- Ensure curricula and courses are mapped appropriately and published on Navigator in a timely manner.
- Be a thought leader in instructional design and innovation.
- Required experience with Instructional / Curriculum Design in a matrix environment with ability to evaluate learning effectiveness using sound Instructional design assessment strategies. Must be able to write strategic learning plans for curriculum.
- Documented experience in building learning strategies and performance results.
- Proven ability to work with vendors and internal experts.
- Results driven with a strong will to win while being flexible and responsive to rapid change.
- Proven e-learning design and development experience with designing, developing, and delivering and blended learning strategies. Knowledge of emerging instructional design methodologies (gamification, social learning) is preferred.
- Proven project management and leadership skills and ability to manage multiple projects concurrently.
- Exceptional communication skills and ability to build strong relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Bachelors Degree
- Understanding of the learning network environment is preferred (Experience in training delivery, design and or OJT processes is an added advantage.
- Previous experience building a curriculum for legal professionals.
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills.
- CIPD certificate in Training Practice, degree in Adult Learning Theory, or equivalent training qualification will be an added advantage.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 6, 2020, 9:05:53 PM