Global Merchant & Network Services (GMNS) acquires and maintains relationships with merchants who welcome American Express branded products. The B2B (Business-to-Business) Supplier Enablement & Development team sits within GMNS and is responsible for increasing B2B volume by unlocking new spend opportunities with prospects and existing merchants.
As part of the B2B Supplier Enablement & Development Enablement Team, candidate will be responsible for driving merchant acceptance of American Express B2B Payment Product Suite. This highly visible position collaborates directly with suppliers and buyers, as well as sales and account management channels across GMNS and GCS to identify value and enable American Express B2B volume. The successful candidate will also partner closely with other teams including Pricing, Implementation, Capability and Technology teams to ensure the success of the business. This team is focused on supplier enablement for primarily the U.S.
• Collaborating with GMNS colleagues and suppliers to develop supplier centric strategies to accelerate B2B spend.
• Working with designated GCS clients (buyers) to assess their supplier base and create the Supplier Enablement Strategy including a strong Merchant Value Proposition to drive acceptance of American Express B2B Payments.
• Directly selling key merchants & prospects on the American Express value proposition.
• Managing enablement progress through a lead- management system, ensuring progress and clear path to volume.
• Developing and conducting training sessions to educate internal and external key linkages on B2B payments process and value propositions.
• Partnering to create buyer and supplier communication strategies/plans.
• Proven success driving results in relationship management, sales or a customer-facing role in a B2B environment required
• Demonstrated ability to influence and collaborate with internal and external constituents
• Strategic, analytical and detail oriented thought leader with hunger for driving results
• Self-starter, innovative and creative performer accustomed to working in a versatile environment; challenger mentality
• Strong project management and organization skills to effectively manage multiple engagements; Sales pipeline management
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to communicate at various levels within client organization
• Proficiency in MS Office – especially Excel; familiarity with Salesforce.com (MerchantForce)
• Procurement, Finance, AP, AR, and ERP knowledge/experience desired as well as knowledge of B2B payments space
• Bachelors required. MBA a plus
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 7, 2020, 5:49:24 PM