There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The Travel and Lifestyle Services (TLS) technology group within American Express delivers the technology needed to power exclusive travel experiences enjoyed by our card members. TLS supports travel, shopping, fulfilment and concierge services across multiple channels 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. We deliver at a rapid pace, driving high quality engineering outcomes to support thousands of customer services professionals and millions of card members worldwide.
The Online Product Engineering team is tasked with designing, building and integrating the appropriate technical, architectural and business solutions for all consumer facing online/web products enterprise wide requests for TLS products in TLS. We do this as a product-centric organization, using internal engineering teams and in collaboration with a variety of travel technology partners.
Overall, the team is critical in delivering our online product initiatives, while safeguarding technical excellence and the long-term product and technology roadmap, ensuring the appropriate tradeoff between long-term technical excellence versus time-to-market and tactical wins.
For this team, we are setting up new, dedicated leadership in our World Trade Centre office in New York City.
The Director of Online Product Engineering is responsible for the following:
- Recruiting, coaching and growing a team of the appropriate size in New York
- Engage business and technical parties within our partner companies and work with them
- Evaluate and appraise internal, third party and vendor technologies and solutions to assess suitability and compatibility with the overall American Express technology platform
- Being a leader in the collaboration with the internal Product Organization to ensure progress on our joint vision and product roadmap
- Identify and manage risks and possible (compliance) issues in an early phase and manage them towards appropriate solutions
- Provide visibility for technology & travel leadership in progress and initiatives
The ideal candidate has proven experience in the following areas:
- Significant experience in a technology leadership role, managing one or more engineering teams and providing architectural and engineering guidance
- Experience as a software engineer and leader in technology architecture
- Experience in (online) travel and/or online e-commerce
- Experience delivering critical business initiatives with Product and Engineering led teams
- Experience using a range of lean/agile project methodologies
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 6, 2020, 2:09:41 PM