The Internal Audit Group (IAG) delivers independent and objective assurance services that support management in striking the balance between risk and controls and help the Board of Directors fulfill its governance responsibilities. We perform independent process, financial, compliance, and technology audits, consistent with professional standards. IAG also reviews specific operations or processes at the request of the Audit Committee or Senior Leadership. The Technology Audit role in IAG focuses on assessing the process and controls supporting world class technology across all technology platforms at American Express. Our technology auditors assess controls related to emerging payment technologies, mobile solutions, cloud computing, integration with social media applications, and countless other complex technology solutions supporting critical business processes and risk management activities throughout the enterprise.
• Lead a team to execute technology audit projects in conformance with professional and department standards, budgets and deadlines.
• Execute multiple simultaneous audit projects of all sizes and complexity across multiple business areas within and outside of local region, in unfamiliar areas, and for different Audit Leaders.
• Execute technology audits of applications, infrastructure, and pre-implementation system development as well as participate on integrated audits that consider technology risks.
• Plan audit projects; make project-level judgments around objectives and scope.
• Adapt quickly to unstructured assignments, clarifying objectives and delivering results.
• Evaluate control designs; develop and execute audit tests.
• Evaluate results, synthesize audit findings across the project, draft audit reports, and ensure effective and efficient audit execution.
• Present testing results to various levels of client management.
• Utilize automated work papers and other department and company tools in a proficient manner
• Follow-up with management to ensure management action plans are closed effectively and timely.
• Coordinate with appropriate control groups and external auditors in planning and executing audit work.
• Effectively teach, coach, and develop team members in all aspects of the audit methodology including regulatory compliance requirements.
• Act as coach and mentor to senior and staff auditors.
• Maintain internal audit competency through ongoing professional development.
• Assume full performance management responsibility for assigned staff.
• BA or BS in Information Systems, Accounting, Finance,
Business, or equivalent degree or advanced degree in Accounting, or related
field is preferred.
certification (CIA, CPA, CISA, or equivalent).
proficiency of technology auditing control disciplines including both thorough
and general knowledge in one or more relevant areas of technical specialization
(e.g., application development, security software, mainframe and distributed
systems, operations, disaster recovery, or change management).
• Knowledge and
appreciation of regulatory, accounting, and financial industry guidance and
best practices relevant to the business, including technology implications.
• Knowledge and
experience in application of control theory and professional auditing practices
• Proven ability to lead
projects and initiatives that drive performance.
• Demonstrated track
record of integrity, effective communication, innovation, and excellence.
• Strong written and
verbal communication skills to deliver high quality, actionable feedback to
client management on control issues and potential solutions to close gaps.
• Ability to travel.
- Location: 200 Vesey St, New York, NY 10285 OR Salt Lake City, UT 84184, Phoenix, Arizona
- Workplace Flexibility:
Potential to work remotely part of the time based on current
projects and team needs.
- Visa Sponsorship: Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the
U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this
There’s a difference between having a job and making a
Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years,
backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to
take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of
learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and
thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges,
or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re
ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them
the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
powerful backing of American Express.
make a difference without it.
live life without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 14, 2020, 7:45:23 PM