The Centurion Lounge is a benefit for our premium card members, bringing membership to life, every day!
The Centurion Lounge Team Leader is the coach to a team of highly skilled and motivated Member Service Professionals (MSPs) that provide travel, card, concierge, and lifestyle services to American Express Card Members visiting the American Express Centurion Lounge, located in the JFK Airport.
A successful Team Leader has a passion for delivering extraordinary service and demonstrated leadership ability to inspire their team to work together to drive outstanding business results. The Team Leader will monitor customer interactions to ensure extraordinary service, ensure adherence of team and individual performance goals, use performance metrics and reporting to drive performance and business results. The Team Leader will provide consistent and on-going coaching and feedback to ensure their team is performing at their highest levels.
The Team Leader is an advocate and supporter for both their team and their customers. They thrive in a fast-paced environment and can effectively lead their team through change. They are intellectually curious, and they share a passion for growth and knowledge amongst their colleagues.
As a Centurion Lounge Team Leader, you will be responsible for:
- Creating a cohesive team environment
- Coaching your team to provide a high-touch, premium experience for all lounge guest
- Inspiring your team of MSPs to achieve their goals by providing continuous coaching, training and development; as well as, rewarding and recognizing accomplishments
- Communicating with your team to ensure that they are well informed about changes that may affect them and their customers
- Managing your team to ensure adequate servicing coverage is provided 365 days per year, which may include filling in when needed
- Evaluating team performance and creating development and action plans, on an individual level, that are owned and driven by each team member
- Working closely with the food and beverage lounge partners to create an extraordinary customer experience for all Centurion Lounge visitors
- Take an active role with promotional in-house events
- Identifying opportunities to improve operations within the Centurion Lounge, through collaboration, and partnering with appropriate business partners with an enterprise mindset
- Challenging yourself and your team to “raise the bar” by driving continuous improvement
Lounge Hours of operation are from 5a – 11p ET 7 days a week. Candidate must be able to work between these hours and days. Hours are subject to change due to business need.
A successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Minimum 2 years’ premium customer service experience (customer facing a plus)
- Minimum 2 years’ supervisory experience, coaching and developing a tam through performance metrics
- Airline, lounge or travel industry experience required, including reservation experience
- Demonstrated passion for service with the ability to resolve customer issues and concerns
- Ability to successfully understand and implement policies, procedures, and programs
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills
- Ability to manage and resolve conflict with internal and external relationships
- Ability to drive and measure business results
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational and prioritization skills who can work well under pressure
- Ability to work flexible shifts including nights, weekends and holidays are essential
- Light to moderate lifting may be required for certain job tasks
What you choose to do for a living is one of the most meaningful decisions you can make. At American Express, our job is to help you excel at yours. We provide experiences to become a great leader, a world of opportunities to grow your career, and an inclusive culture to help you thrive. Because the best way to back our customers is to back our people. The powerful backing of American Express.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 15, 2020, 9:21:49 AM