The role of the Member Service Professional (MSP) will be to deliver superior service to Card Members visiting the American Express Centurion Lounge, located in the JFK Airport. MSPs will be the face of American Express to our customers, acting as ambassadors of the brand. Working as a cohesive team, they will have the ability to excite our customers and deliver on the brand promise. A successful MSP within the Centurion Lounge will have a passion for delivering extraordinary service to our best Card Members, in a customer facing environment. Our MSPs are highly skilled and motivated, providing travel, card, concierge and lifestyle services to American Express Card Members. Acting as a consultant, our MSPs will tailor our products and services to assist Card Members with their immediate needs and deepening their relationship with American Express.
It is our mission to become essential to our Card Members by providing differentiated products and services. It is our duty to make Membership come to life every day. MSPs do this by:
- Welcoming and providing access to our Card Members upon arrival at reception
- Being accountable and taking ownership of the customer’s experience from beginning to end
- Creating innovative ways to resolve customers’ issues or concerns to win their brand loyalty; ultimately making loyal enthusiast out of the customer
- Employing the Customer First philosophy in meeting customers’ needs and expectations
- Providing concierge and lifestyle recommendation
- Providing travel consultation and minimal reservation assistance
- Accommodating needs of our Card Members, by partnering with our food and beverage lounge partners
Lounge Hours of operation are from 5a – 11p ET, 7 days a week. Hours are subject to change due to business need.
A successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Minimum of 1 year recent experience servicing premium customers
- Airline, lounge or travel industry experience required, including reservation experience
- Passion for servicing customers with proactive solutions
- Exceptional communication skills, delighting the customer with every single interaction
- The ability to listen to the customer’s needs, in turn offering confident recommendations, resulting in high satisfaction from the customer with the service they received
- Must exhibit the utmost professionalism and maintain a positive attitude in all interactions
- The ability to rely and collaborate with your colleagues is essential, as the lounge is a very active, fast-paced, team environment
- Ability to make decisions quickly and effectively, when unanticipated situations may arise, putting the Card Members’ experience at the forefront of everything you do
- Must be resourceful and capable of using the Internet effectively to research
- Adapt to an ever changing environment and being resilient
- Ability to work flexible shifts including nights, weekends, and holidays is essential
- Light to moderate lifting may be required for certain job tasks
What you choose to do for a living is one of the most meaningful decisions you can make. At American Express, our job is to help you excel at yours. We provide experiences to become a great leader, a world of opportunities to grow your career, and an inclusive culture to help you thrive. Because the best way to back our customers is to back our people. The powerful backing of American Express.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 10, 2020, 9:48:04 AM