The Global Merchant Services Global Client Group (GCG) owns a portfolio of our most significant merchant relationships. This group is very unique within American Express, partnering globally across the organization to drive, develop and implement opportunities that deepen these strategic merchant partnerships. With a highly talented team spanning the world, the GCG team works together to give the customer a global point of view, with regional flexibility.
As a Sr. Manager in the Global Merchant Services- Global Client Group, you will be responsible for building and evolving the strategy to drive global growth in charge volume, revenue, and merchant engagement with Intercontinental Hotel Group, Wyndham Hotel Group and Preferred Hotels and Resorts. Additionally, you will be supporting your international colleagues to drive US Charge volume with several merchants.
Specific responsibilities include:
- End-to-end Global account management of merchant relationships to develop holistic strategies which deepen American Express’ profitability, relevance and engagement
- Develop and implement strategies to meet and exceed American Express and merchant goals
- Drive optimization of contractual marketing funds to support charge volume growth
- Partner with internal stakeholders (e.g. Legal, Finance, Risk, Network Operations, and Pricing) to manage all aspects of the merchant relationship and support the Director in contract negotiations
- Identify and build a pipeline of charge volume growth opportunities to increase profitability/ margin contribution of merchant relationship, and improve merchant satisfaction
- Deliver against quantifiable scorecard goals by leveraging American Express assets to drive AXP revenue while also meeting merchant needs
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills and ability to navigate through ambiguity
- Adept interpersonal skills and excellent oral/written communication skills a must
- Demonstrated ability and track record of driving results; entrepreneurial approach to business
- Strong attention to detail and an ability to effectively prioritize and manage multiple priorities
- Proven ability to build, manage, influence and deepen external and internal relationships
- Experience working across business units and executive levels
- Experience working in, or with, international markets is highly valued
- Knowledge of travel/ lodging industry a plus
- Team player who enjoys working in a fun, smart, fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Travel approximately 15%
- MBA preferred
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 8, 2020, 5:11:43 PM