Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
• Manage Cash and funding requirements & FX exposures of JAPA markets.Objective of minimizing cost of funds and and timely funding of critical payments.
• Work timing for this role would be 7.00 am to 3.30 pm. This role would require flexibility to work on certain India Holidays as JAPA markets are open on thise days, opted leaves can be aligned with JAPA market holidays.This role may be subject to additional background verification check
Purpose of the Role:
• The purpose of this role is to manage the daily cash flows and funding requirements of JAPA markets while balancing the need to protect against interest and liquidity risks.
• The role would also manage identification and clearing FX exposures for the enterprise across specific geographics.
The position is responsible for the following
• Daily Cash and FX management-Monitoring bank accounts of JAPA Markets and moving cash in the various accounts to ensure sufficient liquidity to settle day to day obligations.
• Analysing, calculating, recommending and executing daily FX Hedge action.
• Providing coverage for other analysts in their absence and acting as back up for manager for treasury related activities.
Shift Timings: 7 am-3:30 pm
Critical Factors to Success:
• Deliver key treasury operations goals such as optimising overall cost of funds for the markets, minimizing idle cash needs for operating businesses, keeping FX exposures hedged at all points of time.
• Demonstrate operation excellence, streamline daily cash and drive efficiencies in processes.
• Understand and leverage intelligent automation technologies to generate use cases within the team and create opportuinities to support automation team to get it implemented.
• Put enterprise think first, connect the role's agenda to enterprise priorities and balance the needs of customers, partners , colleagues and shareholders.
• Challenge status quo and bring continous innovation.
• Lead with digital mindset. Demonstrate learning agility, make decisions quickly and with highest levels of integrity.
• Atleast 2-6 years of past experience in a treasury across banks desirable, corporates or similar financial operations.
• Preferred : Exposure to Banking Operations,FX, Money markets, and derivative instruments. Knowledge of card business model and economics.
• MBA (Finance) CA/CPA/MBA with 1-3 years of experience.
• Graduate/Post Graduate in Finance/Economics with 4-5 years of experience.
• Knowledge of cash management and FX exposure management.Experience in accounting preferred.
• Knowledge of principals of cash management, FX exposures, Banking operations.
• Analytical skills with the ability to undertake cause effect analysis.
• Knowledge of financial systems.
• Effective team player
• Do It The Right Way: Communicate Frequently, Candidly & Clearly, Make Decisions Quickly & Effectively.
Shift Timings: 7 am-3:30 pm
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 24, 2020, 3:08:54 AM