Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Do you have the ability to put together unique cutting-edge customer facing solutions that increase business value and customer engagement by demonstrating strong architectural and UX principles and that are data driven? Do you have a strong desire to help influence and get results across a diverse organization?
American Express is embarking on an exciting digital transformation driven by an energetic team. This group is nimble and creative with the power to shape our Technology and Product roadmap. If you have the talent and desire to deliver innovative products and services at a rapid pace, serving our customers seamlessly across the globe through various channels, join our team!
We are looking for a great software developer who understands the fundamentals of web and is good in Java. Your primary focus will be on working with the architects and developers in the organization to uplift web applications to use the latest web technologies such as React and Node and bring modern web practices to production applications impacting millions of custome
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, computer science engineering, or related experience required; advanced degree preferred
- 5-7 years of wide breath of engineering experience in application design, software development, automated testing, and production support in a professional environment and/or comparable experience such as:
- Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, and modern relational databases
- Excellent Java/J2EE skills with API development, Cloud integration and development.
- Java/J2EE concepts, Spring & Spring boot technologies.
- Hands-on expertise with application design and software development with modern RDBMS platforms and Bigdata across one or more platforms, languages, and tools (e.g. Oracle ExaData, Big Data Components/ Frameworks Hadoop, , MapReduce, HDFS, Hive, Python, Spark, Apache Ni-Fi,Spring Boot, Kafka, etc.)
- Experience with implementing integrated automated release management using tools/technologies/frameworks like Maven, Subversion, code/security review tools
- Experience with Dev Ops, CI/CD and Automated testing tools such Sonarqube, Jenkins, JMeter, etc.
- Familiarity with fundamental machine learning techniques and algorithms is a bonus
- Commercial/financial domain knowledge and work experience is a bonus.
- At the core of Software Engineering
Every member of our team must be able to demonstrate the following technical, functional, leadership and business core competencies, including:
- Agile Practices
- Porting/Software Configuration
- Programming Languages and Frameworks
- Business Analysis
- Analytical Thinking
- Business Product Knowledge
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 9, 2020, 12:12:31 PM