There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Enterprise Platforms: Building the platform for speed and innovation at American Express.
We are on a mission to dramatically improve speed to market, agility and efficiency at American Express by:
- Reimagining solution delivery with next gen product management, agile prioritization, and on-demand development;
- Driving a sustainable platform strategy that adapts to growth and industry trends;
- Building global, composable, and real time platforms to power our digital lives while -
- Delivering world-class software and seamless customer experiences.
Are you passionate about new technology and new ways of working? Do you like to solve complex problems and build productive partnerships? The Enterprise Platforms organization is responsible for an initiative to transform American Express' core technology platforms while piloting and scaling new software delivery models.
The Analyst will be a key player in people aspect of this transformation by:
- Supporting the execution of thoughtful talent strategies that drive recruiting, hiring, developing and retaining great talent.
- Supporting organizational change and effectiveness initiatives that link people and technology to inspired outcomes.
- Identify and track key talent strategy project deliverables and achievements using your toolbox of techniques as research and data analysis, scenario modeling, business case development, and project management
- Monitor progress and delivery of the of talent strategy by cost, forecast, and assessment of risks/issues; and ensure accurate reflection of budgets and forecasts within reporting tools
- Communicate the status of talent strategy initiatives, including progress and problem resolution to the Director of Talent Strategy and other leadership
- Contribute to continuous improvement by maintaining and enhancing standard analytical and reporting methodologies, and knowledge repositories
- Support end-to-end execution for talent related initiatives, including:
- Coordinating preparations for workshops with leaders
- Requirements gathering for job profiles that will feed a broader recruiting strategy & pipeline.
- Researching external best practices and benchmarking.
- Maintaining organizational transition change management and communication plans.
- Collaborate effectively with partners such as Platform teams, Finance and HR, and by building key relationships to identify and manage dependencies.
- Manage outcomes by managing the details – sequencing and preparing for meetings and events thoughtfully to drive outcomes efficiently.
- Be a motivated, high-performing change agent.
- You have a passion for data analysis, demonstrated analytical thinking capability, and problem-solving skills
- You bring technical expertise to collect data and ensure accuracy; then process, design and present it in ways to help people and organizations make better decisions
- You have advanced skills in Excel
- You have experience or educational background in organizational development, human resources and/or change management
- You are resourceful and thrive in ambiguous situations where you’re challenged to think in structured ways in order to get at what’s meaningful.
- You have our customers’ and your colleagues’ back – and an enterprise mindset in everything you do
- Bachelor's Degree in Organizational Development, Human Resources Management, or equivalent
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 14, 2020, 5:02:56 PM