American Express is a global services company and the world’s largest card issuer. Our direct relationships with many millions of consumers, businesses and merchants worldwide - combined with our leading edge marketing, information management and rewards capabilities - enable us to offer an array of valuable services that enrich lives, build business success, encourage financial responsibility and create communities of people with common interests.
American Express for 9th consecutive year has been voted among India’s top 10 workplaces by the Great Place to Work institute. In recognition of our consistent performance, we were nominated to the Great Place to Work “Hall of Fame”.
At American Express, we serve customers, not transactions. We’re widely known for providing superior customer service and have been recognized for a number of achievements including being ranked highest in customer satisfaction within the credit card industry by J.D. Power for seven consecutive years.
A career at American Express is rich in experience and offers opportunities to build lasting relationships with our customers.
Come join us and realize your potential.
American Express entered the travel agency business in 1915 and today is one of the world’s largest luxury travel and lifestyle services networks. Travel & Lifestyle Services’ (TLS) vision is to provide the world’s best customer experience every day - through leisure travel, as well as a variety of lifestyle services. To achieve this vision, we’ve embarked on an ambitious plan to make our customer experience truly extraordinary across touch points.
TLS serves American Express Card Members across 23 markets around the globe via a number of servicing channels including: web, mobile, phone, chat and email. Phone and email services are offered to Platinum & Centurion Card Members, while online services are available to all customers, including non-Amex card holders.
The Servicing MIS and Analytics team within the Design Engineering and Analytics (DE&A) team plays a crucial role enabling effective decision making, across global stakeholders at various level, by timely providing reliable and insightful information through rigorously designed, analyzed and maintained reporting platform. Their responsibilities include managing and continually evolving various reporting suite and performing rich analytics to support strategic planning, performance management and business growth.
The Director of Servicing MIS and Analytics will be responsible of overseeing end to end processes from data ingestion, transformation, visualization to distribution. He/she will be part of a fast-paced & innovative team within TLS and will be responsible for defining, syndicating and executing a transformational strategy that will turn our data assets into an engine for growth.
• Lead the Global Center of Excellence for for Travel and Lifestyle Services, creating a compelling vision for the team in line with Future is Now (FiN) strategy and transformational business objectives
• Provide robust data driven Operational performance reports that help inform decision making and enable Scorecard, Front Line Pay for Performance, Learning & Development, and health of business assessments
• Deliver proactive insights--identifying opportunities, driving clarity around key drivers of business performance, and presenting to senior leadership
• Continually assess the data needs of the organization and translate these into actionable roadmaps leveraging enterprise capabilities, reporting platforms, and data infrastructure
• Lead the data migration strategy, ODL development, and data ingestion to big data platform-Cornerstone, and deliver reporting automation and UI uplift to improve democratization and consumption
• Collaborate and partner across TLS with contact center leadership, digital customer experience, capabilities, and design engineering teams on key initiatives and priorities
• Identify opportunities to adopt innovative technologies within MIS and analytics space including opportunity to automate and enable self-service.
• Lead a large team (40+) of Managers and Analysts by providing effective support, prioritization, Performance Management, coaching, and feedback
• Strengthen and enhance the team from a skill, talent and data infrastructure platform perspective
• Advanced degree in Engineering, Economics, Computer Science, Business, Statistics, or similar field of study
• At least 10 years of experience leading MIS, decision science and analytics team, with a proven ability to lead large teams
• Passionate leader who can lead in ambiguity, develop strategy, foster innovation and challenge the status quo to drive disruptive transformation
• Experience developing and managing reporting, interactive dashboards, and insights products using Tableau or other visualization tools
• A passion for data visualization & intuitive information display, effectively communicating highly numeric content in a simple and straightforward manner
• Experience with data mining, data cleansing, data extraction, and transformation and proficiency with big data and data mining/analytics tools such as Hive, R, Python, SQL, Teradata, etc. highly desired
• Highly developed business acumen and problem solving skills with experience consulting with business owners and recommending appropriate solutions based on clear understanding of business needs
• Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines, eye for detail, lead with ownership and accountability
• Lead with an external perspective, challenge status quo and bring continuous innovation to our existing offering
• Organizational agility -- ability to influence in a global, highly-matrixed organization
• Effective communicator capable of explaining complex data and creating and delivering compelling presentations / written communications for senior leadership
Shift Timings: Flexible
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 15, 2020, 9:34:29 AM