American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
You won’t just shape the world of software.
You’ll shape the world of life, work and play.
Our Software Engineers not only understand how technology works, but how that technology intersects with the people who count on it every day. Today, innovative ideas, insight and new perspectives are at the core of how we create a more powerful, personal and fulfilling experience for all our customers. So if you’re interested in a career creating breakthrough software and making an impact on an audience of millions, look no further.
You won’t just keep up, you’ll break new ground.
There are hundreds of opportunities to make your mark on technology and life at American Express. Here’s just some of what you’ll be doing:
- Taking your place as a core member of an agile team driving the latest development practices
- Write components in Big Data with Spark, Hive, HBASE, Data transformations as well as REST APIs, Streaming & Batch Processing
- Writing code and tests, and automation
- Identifying opportunities for adopting new technologies
- Perform technical aspects of software development for assigned applications including design, developing prototypes, and coding assignments
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, computer science engineering, or related experience required; advanced degree preferred
- 4+ years of hands on coding engineering experience in software development
- Experience on Big Data across one or more platforms, languages, and tools
- Experience in Java, Python
- 2+ years of hands on coding experience in Apache Spark, HBase, HIVE, MapReduce, Big Data Components/ Frameworks Hadoop, HDFS, API
- Problem solving skills and knowledge of data processing, de duplication, scoring, distribution, batch and stream processing
- Experience with Agile/ Scrum
- Ability to effectively interpret technical and business objectives and challenges and articulate solutions
- Willingness to learn new technologies and apply them to their optimal potential
At the core of Software Engineering
- Willingness to learn and adapt new technologies
- Agile Practices
- Porting/Software Configuration
- Programming Languages and Frameworks
- Business Analysis
- Analytical Thinking
- Business Product Knowledge
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 10, 2020, 1:07:31 PM