We are looking for a Rockstar executive assistant to support the Vice President and General Manager of International Marketing and their executive office. A successful candidate will be organized, proactive, and able to manage through the complexity that comes with many partners located around the globe and a fast moving business. This individual will be a key contributor to the success of the new leader of the organization as well as the team culture.
- Proactively manage high volume of calendar appointments in multiple time zones, always accommodating to last minute changes and urgent business needs.
- Add key deadlines and reminders in calendars and ensured the information contained is accurate and up to date.
- Preparation for meetings as necessary, including scheduling of conference rooms, coordinating food, logistics, etc.
- Coordinate international travel including air and hotel bookings, liaising with other Amex offices for internal meetings and managing last minute changes as required.
- Provide detailed itineraries of trips, including hotel arrangements, transfers, meetings scheduled, contact details, addresses etc
- Prepare and submit VP’s expense reports on a timely basis including those on maternity/sick leave; track team expenditure alongside Manager Assistant
- Processing of Ariba Buyer orders and all other invoices
- Perform monthly activities to include, but not limited to, consolidating organization charts and distribution lists, performing cost center and CPC reconciliations, track team expenditure, sending communications on behalf of VP
- Technical support – report and liaise with IT helpdesk for any technical support required.
- Supporting special ad hoc projects as assigned, including participation and organization of team-wide events workstreams to promote a greater sense of team engagement through fun and creative teamattitude and likes to make work fun!
- Experience in an executive assistant capacity to senior leadership in a fast-paced environment for large global companies and/or international teams. Prior experience at American Express a plus.
- Anticipates and coordinates executive's point-to-point travel needs, as well as team travel needs when appropriate
- Strong sense of integrity with ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with discretion
- Manages a complex calendar across time zones with an understanding of business priorities to offer alternatives and make trade-offs
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge through trainings and other key resources
- Adapts working style to best support the changing needs of executives
- Proven team player with the ability to work seamlessly across band levels and functions
- Positive attitude, solution-oriented demeanor, and reliable
- Strong MS Office experience in PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook.
- Knowledge of Concur for travel and expenses and Ariba for office supplies and computer peripherals. myHR knowledge is a plus
- Brings a positive attitude and likes to make work fun!
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 8, 2020, 2:19:34 PM