American Express is a global services company that provides consumers and businesses with exceptional access to products, insights and experiences that enrich lives and build business success. We make it easier, safer and more rewarding for consumers and businesses to purchase the things they need and for merchants to sell their goods and services through innovative payment, travel and expense management solutions.
Cardmember Acquisition is the largest investment in American Express’ Global Consumer Services Group. The Enterprise Digital Application & Platform (EDAP) team is a core part of cardmember acquisition, having responsibility for creating world class digital experiences to drive increased acquisitions.
Our Acquisitions and Onboarding Portfolio team was the first Lean Portfolio established at American Express and is at the forefront of driving transformational change in the product is managed at American Express. We are looking for a strategic leader and change agent to join our team as a manager of Portfolio Operations. You will have the opportunity to learn new things and see how you can make a direct contribution to the success of Product and American Express. You will work among high performing engineering, design and product teams. You will have a passion for both agile operations and business strategy. You will enjoy being challenged in a fun, collaborative, diverse and inclusive team environment.
Does this sound like you?
As a Portfolio Operations manager you will lead a team responsible for:
- Establishing best practice standards for Lean Portfolio communications
- Developing and implementing a communications strategy to coordinate activities across the portfolio and facilitate change management
- Creating and fostering a stronger brand identity for the portfolio through visual content, informational videos and roadshows
- Developing and maintaining a capacity governance model for the portfolio to implement the first ever value stream funded model at American Express
- Piloting new Agile software (tooling) to influence the direction of the Enterprise as Product and Portfolio management evolve at American Express
- Collaborating with other portfolios across the enterprise to manage interdependencies and streamline planning
- Keeping up to date with industry, competitor, Agile/SAFe methodologies and new trends
- Very strong collaboration skills – ability to navigate cross functional teams to deliver on shared objectives
Demonstrated leadership in Enterprise thinking with a track record of influencing others to embrace Enterprise thinking
Demonstrated ability to self-start, carve opportunities out of ambiguity, and operate with a high degree of independence
Proven ability to drive change, leading adoption of new ways of working, and leveraging storytelling to drive understanding & adoption of change
Excellent communication and listening skills; ability to build relationships, influence decisions, and make things happen without direct authority
Enthusiastic leader who leads with positivity & a sense of what’s possible, who can evolve the product role in an organization undergoing a product transformation
3-5 years professional experience
Demonstrated communications experience across several mediums (websites, email, townhalls, etc.)
Experience managing large, matrixed budgets
Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Communications, or Finance, is highly preferred
Depending on factors such as business unit requirements, the nature of the position, cost and applicable laws, American Express may provide visa sponsorship for certain positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 8, 2020, 4:53:14 PM