General Counsel’s Organization - Corporate Secretary's Office
Where great legal minds influence global business strategy.
Our mission is to protect and strengthen American Express through legal expertise and strategic advice that helps our business partners manage risk, identify opportunities, and deliver on the company’s promise of exceptional products and services. Given the dynamic nature of the global payments industry and the valued partnership between our team and the business, we see it as imperative to attract and develop talented people by:
- Providing rich work experiences and opportunities for professional development
- Recognizing and rewarding those who drive and deliver results
- Respecting and valuing diversity, integrity, and personal accountability
Role & Responsibilities:
Help propel your team and its business partners to success.
Here’s just some of what you’ll do in this role:
- Support the Assistant Corporate Secretary, Banks & Subsidiaries with respect to corporate governance matters for all American Express Company (NYSE: AXP) subsidiaries, including bank subsidiaries
- Manage projects to enhance workflow efficiency in the Corporate Secretary’s Office
- Manage projects to enhance American Express Company subsidiaries’ corporate governance
- Assist in all aspects of the subsidiary management process for American Express Company subsidiaries
- Act as a thought leader with respect to corporate governance matters
- Serve as an Assistant Secretary for significant subsidiaries of American Express Company
- Draft governance policies and procedures
- Attend subsidiary board/committee meetings and take minutes
- Draft subsidiary board/committee meeting agendas
- Assist in maintaining the internal website for the Legal Entity Governance Center of Excellence
- Provide support with respect to American Express Company corporate governance matters as may be necessary from time to time
Are you ready for the challenge?
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills and executive presence
- Highly organized with an ability to demonstrate keen attention to details, adaptability, flexibility, resourcefulness, and efficiency
- Ability to work well under pressure and to manage heavy workload in a challenging and fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal relationship and networking skills to build and maintain effective professional relationships across all areas of the organization
- Must be willing to become a notary
- J.D. from accredited U.S. law school
- Good standing member of a State Bar Association
- Business oriented approach to problem solving
- Superior analytic skills
- Excellent judgment and drafting skills
- High level of personal accountability
- Strong proficiency with MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Location: 200 Vesey St, New York, NY 10285
- Visa Sponsorship: Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position.
Delivering extraordinary experiences to its customers and employees every day.
The success of American Express since its inception has been defined by its ability to innovate, evolve, disrupt, and take risks. What has remained constant throughout this history of transformation is our dedication to our customers, to our employees, and to the values on which American Express was built: integrity, quality, respect, and community.
Our open, creative, and collaborative culture is a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world. So if you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 13, 2020, 12:58:16 PM