There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Overview of the Department: The Commercial Salesforce team is part of the Enterprise Platform COE team. Core to our purpose is reimagining the platform solution-delivery model to dramatically improve our strategic agility, speed to market, effectiveness of delivery and transparency.
We work closely with our sales and account development organization – selling to new clients and helping grow business with existing clients. New times bring new challenges and we need to drive huge productivity gains in our field organization. We need to do more with the people we have: sell more, retain higher numbers of clients, and drive higher satisfaction amongst our clients. Salesforce.com is the platform that will drive enhanced productivity in our field teams. We are building and delivering a single, global salesforce.com platform -- a command-center for everything our field teams need to do, see and act-on.
We are on a journey to create a best-in-class Product & Engineering Organization. Our Product people not only understand how technology works, but how that technology intersects with the people who count on it every day. Today, innovative ideas, insight and new perspectives are at the core of how we create a more powerful, personal and fulfilling experience for all our customers. So if you’re interested in a career creating breakthrough products and making an impact on our sales teams, account development organization and customers, look no further.
You’ll be challenged everyday as part of the team to create the Commercial Salesforce Platform of tomorrow. Here’s just some of what you’ll be doing:
The Associate Digital Product Manager will play a key role in driving the end-to-end product lifecycle for features or products in whole on the Salesforce platform. The Associate Digital Product Manager will be principally responsible for driving a series of improvements across incentive management and data visualization, innovating on behalf of users and creating a meaningful product experience. The Associate Digital Product Manager will collaborate with business leaders and partners to support and help create a compelling product vision, strategy and roadmap, and drive products and features from concept to launch. The Associate Digital Product Manager has responsibility for product prioritization, working with marketing, design, engineering, and servicing leaders to convert the product vision and strategy into a well-managed product roadmap with an iterative release cycle with the customer in mind. The Associate Digital Product Manager will participate actively in all phases of the process along with cross-functional teams.
- Identifying opportunities and providing input on product vision, strategy, roadmap, and features for the Salesforce.com platform, principally around incentive management and data visualization
- Interacting with customers, primarily within the Commercial Sales and Account Development organization, to identify needs, opportunities, and gaps, and solve problems;
- Defining and continually refining feature priority with business leaders;
- Drives the product functional design process based on an intimate knowledge of the customer and technology;
- Translates product roadmap features into well-defined product requirements/user stories and acceptance test criteria;
- Prioritizes and maintains the sprint backlog for his or her products, balancing the requirements of customers and stakeholders;
- Coordinates communication, escalates and facilitates resolution of risks, issues, and changes tied to the Product Backlog;
- Enabling analytics-driven decision making to evolve products and usage and own the metrics, e.g., leads worked, opportunities closed, user satisfaction;
- Develops appropriate tracking and reporting to track product performance post-launch in order to evaluate future investment
- Establishing the product’s goals and reviewing success metrics to achieve commercial success; and
- Continually improving products post-launch, prioritizing bugs and feature requests based on customer satisfaction.
- A good balance of technical knowledge and business acumen with a proven track record of driving digital innovation and business metrics with a customer-first mindset;
- Experience with launching software or services in partnership with engineering teams and with prototyping and iterative development;
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to engage, influence, and inspire partners and stakeholders to drive collaboration and alignment;
- High degree of organization, individual initiative and personal accountability;
- 2+ years of experience in Product Management and/or Product Development;
- Prior experience Salesforce.com CRM tool a plus;
- BA/BS preferably in CS or technical field and/or relative business experience
- You hold yourself accountable.
- You make decisions with imperfect information.
- You solve complex problems with a highly analytical approach.
- You’re methodical in how you recover from mistakes and crises.
- You operate optimally under extreme pressure.
- You’re excellent at understanding competing priorities.
- You can build trust with and inspire your team.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 15, 2020, 4:47:46 AM