Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
American Express is embarking on an exciting transformation driven by an energetic new team of high performers. This group is nimble and creative with the power to shape our technology and product roadmap. If you have the talent and desire to deliver innovative payment products and services at a rapid pace, serving our customers seamlessly across physical, digital, mobile, and social media, join our transformation team! You will be part of a fast-paced, entrepreneurial team responsible for delivering world-class cardmember experiences. Contributes to design, development, troubleshooting, debugging, evaluating, modifying, deploying, and documenting software and systems that meet the needs of customer-facing applications, business applications, and/or internal end user applications
- Software Development
- Deliver against existing and future needs of the customers. Software Engineers who join Loyalty Technology will be assigned to one of several exciting teams who are developing new nimble and modern Loyalty Platforms which will support the key element of connecting with our customers
- Entry level ability in software development
- Function as an active member of an agile team by contributing to software builds through consistent development practices (tools, common components, and documentation)
- Participate in code reviews and automated testing
- Debug basic software components and identify code defects for remediation
- Support and monitoring of software across test, integration, and production environments
- Automate deployments in test or production environments
- Automatically scale applications based on the demand projections
- Up to 2 years of software development experience in a professional environment and/or comparable experience such as:
- Experience in a modern development stack (Golang preferred)
- Experience working in Git (small to medium sized teams)
- Experience with open source projects
- Understanding of Agile or other rapid application development methods
- Exposure to design and coding across one or more platforms and languages as appropriate
- Exposure to methods relating to application design, software development, and automated testing
- General knowledge of distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, and relational databases
- Understanding of object-oriented design and coding with variety of languages
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, computer engineering, or related field required
- Able to understand and use data structures and associated components
- Designs, codes, tests, maintains, and documents application components
- Takes part in reviews of own work and reviews of colleagues' work
- Defines test conditions based on the requirements and specifications provided
- Has an understanding of the core tools used in the planning, analyzing, crafting, building, testing, configuring, and maintaining of assigned application(s)
- Familiar with infrastructure technologies and components
- Knowledge of payments industry
- Experience with coding skills across a variety of distributed technologies
- Experience with a broad range of software languages and payments technologies
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 11, 2020, 1:18:41 PM