Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
- Be a hands on Tech Lead for a scrum team to drive technical design and implementation
- Lead, drive and perform technical aspects of software development for assigned applications including architecture, design, developing prototypes, coding, and testing automation
- Taking your place as a core member of an agile team driving the latest development practices
- Identifying opportunities for adopting new technologies
- Leading a team of engineers that delivers knowledge management solutions to businesses worldwide
Are you up for the challenge?
- Preferably a BS or MS degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline
- 8+ years of hands on software development experience
- 4+ years coding experience on Big Data ecosystem like Spark, HIVE , MR
- Knowledge of Elastic Search, NO SQL
- Understanding and knowledge of messaging technologies for event driven like KAFKA, Rabbit MQ
- Experience in Batch and Streaming data pipelines.
- Knowledge of large scale, data processing, de duplication, scoring, validations.
- Ability to effectively interpret technical and business objectives and challenges and articulate solutions
- Willingness to learn new technologies apply them to their optimal potential
- Agile Practices
- Porting/Software Configuration
- Programming Languages and Frameworks
- Business Analysis
- Analytical Thinking
- Business Product Knowledge
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 10, 2020, 3:12:12 PM