Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
American Express is embarking on an exciting transformation driven by an energetic new team of high performers. This group is nimble and creative with the power to shape our technology and product roadmap. If you have the talent and desire to deliver innovative Identity products and services at a rapid pace, serving our customers seamlessly across physical, digital, mobile, and social media, join our transformation team! You will be part of a fast-paced, entrepreneurial team responsible for delivering projects platform supporting our global customer base.
Our Engineers that join our Technologies team will be assigned to one of several exciting teams that are responsible for development and management of business critical platforms. You will be part of a fast-paced, entrepreneurial team responsible for delivering projects platform supporting our global customer base. You will be challenged with identifying innovative ideas and proof of concept to deliver against the existing and future needs of our customers. Our Software Engineers not only understand how technology works, but how that technology intersects with the people who count on it every day. Today, innovative ideas, insight and new perspectives are at the core of how we create a more powerful, personal and fulfilling experience for all our customers.
- Drive user story analysis and elaboration, design and develop software applications, and test and build automation tools
- Own all technical aspects of software development (architecture, design and development of systems) for assigned applications
- Perform hands-on software development, design, writing code, API specs, doing proof of concepts, conducting code reviews and testing in ongoing sprints
- Drive consistent development practices - tools and common components
- Develop deep understanding of tie-ins with other systems and platforms within the supported domains
- Work with technical product managers contributing to blueprints, and assisting with annual planning of feature sets
- Identify opportunities for adopting new technology to solve existing needs and predicting future challenges
- Effectively communicate to internal and external business partners on solution design
- Mentor other engineers
- 2-7 Years of past experience across;
- Continuous integration/deployment in an Agile Framework covering the aspect of design development and testing (SDLC)
- Multi-threading programming, Data structures, & web services technology
- Java, J2EE
- RESTful API development
- Source control (Git, Bitbucket, Svn, Stack overflow, etc.)
- Strong analytical & strategic thinking skills
- Ability to interpret technical /business objectives and challenges
- Agile Methodologies
- Software development/ testing
- Object oriented analysis and
- Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree in CS or CSE or Equivalent
- Node, Spring Boot, Spring MVC, Spring security, Vert-x, Relation DBMSs – Oracle, Any NoSQL DB.
- Test automation, DevOps and Test Driven Development
- Continuous Integration (Jenkins, Bambo, Maven, XLR, Cobertura, Jacoco, Mockito, SOAPUI, JMeter)
- Infrastructure Automation (Puppet, Chef, Ansible)
- Container Concepts (LXD, Docker)
- Orchestration (Kubernetes, Mesos, Swarm)
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 9, 2020, 9:16:05 AM