Global Talent Acquisition (GTA) sources and hires top talent for American Express around the world. For candidates and hiring leaders, Talent Acquisition is the recruiting engine and advisory service that attracts world-class talent to challenging work with purpose. The Manager Assistant, a Chief of Staff role, is an exciting opportunity for a strong analytical thinker, with a proven ability to bring structure and drive a wide variety of projects to support a global team. The Manager Assistant will report directly to the VP, Global Talent Acquisition based in New York. They will be responsible for providing thought leadership and execution related to various projects that would benefit the team across our global markets. They would also be responsible for managing key communications, budget, colleague engagement, and assisting with the annual performance and compensation processes. It is a high visibility role involving exposure and interaction with a wide range of groups across the Colleague Experience Group (CEG), the business and 3rd party partners.
- Assist with the creation and execution of departmental strategies and goals.
- Manage day-to-day business priorities and deliverables for the VP’s Executive Office.
- Play a key role in driving the goals of the team, including oversight of special projects and initiatives.
- Collaborate with the various constituencies across the company in order to accomplish tasks on behalf of the VP.
- Support and enable the success of the GTA Leadership Team
- Gather the pulse of the GTA team through networking, relationship management and stakeholder engagement
- Interact with the Leadership Team on a daily basis around colleague and business matters.
- Create impactful internal and external presentations, speeches and communications.
- Manage and lead Leadership Team Meetings, Town halls and Strategic Planning Sessions with VP
- Identify and carry out data analysis on recruitment challenges and opportunities.
- Manage the colleague performance management process for the team.
- Manage the budgeting process for the team including yearly projections, ongoing expense tracking, headcount management and risk mitigation.
- Demonstrated project management, organization and planning skills applied in a fast paced, multi-tasking environment.
- Proven decision making and problem solving capabilities with strong follow up skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to learn quickly and work with minimal direction.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to influence without authority and collaborate across all levels in the company.
- Ability to take initiative and work within ambiguous situations.
- Strong analytical and financial acumen.
- Ability to deal with issues and subject matter in ways that requires considerable sensitivity, discretion and judgment.
- Experience of HR processes and disciplines preferred.
- 4+ years work experience and an undergraduate degree is required.
- Practical consulting experience and relationship management experience is a plus.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 14, 2020, 12:15:59 AM