There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
Responsibilities will include:
- Developing new user-facing features using React.js
- Building reusable cross platform components and front-end libraries for future use
- Translating designs and wireframes into high quality code
- Optimizing components for maximum performance across a vast array of web-capable devices and browsers.
- Taking your place as a core member of an agile team driving the latest development practices.
Are you up for the challenge?
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering or + 1+ years of equivalent experience in related disciplines
- Proficient with CSS2/CSS3
- Knowledge of Accessibility and Web Standards
- Experience with both Responsive and Adaptive Web Design
- Experience with using design language systems or similar
- Understanding of React.js and its core principles(Frameworks like Redux, ReSelect, etc)
- Familiarity with newer specifications of ECMAScript
- Familiarity with modern front-end build pipelines and tools
- Experience with common front-end development tools such as Babel, Webpack, NPM, yarn, etc.
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Ability to perform benchmarking and optimization.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 9, 2020, 3:44:24 PM