American Express is on a journey to provide the world’s best customer experience every day. The Digital Experience & Platforms team (DEP), within Global Commercial Services, is focused on designing and delivering a seamless digital experience that drives customer engagement as well as business growth. There are two key product teams within DEP focusing on our Commercial Digital Experience. One of which, the Card Member Digital Experience Team, is responsible for the Card Member/Employee experience as well as overseeing the program office to unify the digital experience and other connections across the Blue Box.
In leading the Card Member Digital Experience Team, the VP will be responsible for strategic and operational management of the team which includes inspiring and mentoring a team of Directors, Product Managers and Product Owners. He/She will focus on ways to innovate, scale and connect our digital experiences and products for our clients. The Commercial Mobile App, expense management and connectivity are critical to the card program value proposition and creating a competitive feature set to win in the marketplace.
The VP will work closely with Central Teams (COEs) and Tech Partners.
- Clearly articulate and communicate the digital experience vision for Employees and Card Members while collaborating with company-wide stakeholders on the product roadmap as well as offering market intelligence for improvements
Drive E2E ownership of the seamless Expense Management product strategy, roadmap and delivery (web and mobile)
- Partner cross-functionally to drive the program office to deliver on the Unified Digital Experience agenda and embracing a customer-centric approach
- Understand customer needs and data insights to drive the strategic roadmap through partnership with UX/Research/Data teams
- Lead the vision for the team who is responsible for launching new products or enhancements to existing products
- Build partnerships and provide transparency to internal stakeholders such as Technology and Marketing
- Develop the team and drive opportunity
- Build a culture of learning, insight, inspiration and collaboration to influence strategy
- 10-12 years of experience working in large, matrix-driven organizations across multiple markets, in a highly-competitive environment
- Results driven with strong project management stills, ability to work on multiple priorities and ensure track to exceed team goals
- Drive desired business outcomes by setting vision, goals, and objectives that motivate and inspire the organization to deliver, backed by personal accountability and commitment to success
- Strong strategic thought leadership and problem solving skills with ability to solve unstructured and complex business problems
- Ability to operate autonomously and make complex decisions – including prioritization trade-offs -- in situations of ambiguity and time pressure, using sound judgment and analytical skills
- Proven ability to collaborate, build relationships and demonstrate genuine teamwork within and outside their current organizations
- Excellent written and verbal communication, presentation and storytelling skills at multiple organizational levels; ability to translate complex digital analytics concepts into a clear strategy and articulation of insights
- Energetic leader who will drive opportunity and manage dynamic change with a geographically disperse team
- Ambitious, curious and optimistic with a growth mindset
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 10, 2020, 8:50:02 AM