At American Express, we are committed to provide the best customer experience through cutting-edge marketing and servicing solutions. We are looking for data scientists who possess a passion for innovation and data exploration.
You will be part of the Customer Marketing Data Science team, to expand and deepen relationships with customers and maximize profitability for American Express through best-in-class data science. You will be working on several big data modeling initiatives that will ensure we target our customers with the most relevant messages and offers. Modeling efforts will focus on models that ensure relevant marketing for our US Customers and optimize performance of our marketing channels.
We are looking for candidates who have extensive knowledge and practical experience in statistical modeling, machine learning and programming, and who possesses a passion for innovation and data exploration.
Other key responsibilities would be to:
- Develop strong relationship with internal technology partners to implement modeling solutions
- Explore customer data to provide features relevant to the business problems being addressed
- Masters/PhD in a quantitative field (Statistics, Mathematics, Operation Research, Computer Science, etc.) with at least 1+ years of work experience leveraging sophisticated analytical and machine learning techniques to drive business results
- Strong relationship building, management and influencing skills
- Ability to manage a project, with knowledge of Agile methodologies
- Strong quantitative skills with a solid understanding of probability and statistics
- Demonstrated ability to frame business problems into mathematical programming problems, leverage external thinking and tools (from academia and/or other industries) to engineer a solvable solution to deliver business insights and optimal control policy
- Creativity to go beyond current tools to construct and deliver the best solution to the problem, ability and comfort with working independently and making key decisions on projects
- Expertise in a programming language (Python, Scala, R), and experience with databases (Hive, SQL). Programming experience in Java/Scala is a plus
- Understanding of machine learning pipeline development
- Prior experience working with very large datasets using Big Data tools and platforms (Hadoop, Spark)
- Experience working in UNIX/Linux and distributed computing environments
- Deep understanding of machine learning/statistical algorithms such as logistic regression, boosting, random forest, KNN and neural network/deep learning. Experience with data visualization a plus
Depending on factors such as business unit requirements, the nature of the position, cost and applicable laws, American Express may provide visa sponsorship for certain positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 15, 2020, 11:13:41 AM