There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
At American Express we place an enormous emphasis on users and usability. We sit at the intersection of commerce and experiences and are rare in our business model where we are one of only a few companies in the world that lead a user’s end to end commerce experience.
We build and operate highly available and scalable services using event-driven reactive architecture to provide a real time services and ML models which feed off on real-time data.
This role of a Senior Engineer will be an integral part of a team that designs and builds large-scale, cloud-native, event-driven reactive applications that uses complex machine learning algorithms to create 360-degree view of the customer.
Specifically, you will help:
- Build new micro-services that help manages our rapidly growing data hub.
- Build services to perform real time data processing at scale for relational, analytical queries across multi-dimensional data.
- Build services that generalize stream processing to make it trivial to source, sink and stream process data.
- Improve efficiency, reliability and scalability of our data pipelines.
- Lead cross-functional initiatives and collaborate with Engineers across organizations.
- Build CICD pipelines for continuous integration and delivery.
Are you up for the challenge?
- 6+ years of experience in building large scale distributed applications with object-oriented design using java related stack.
- Proficient in identifying and applying software design patterns.
- Experience with UI frameworks such as React.
- Experience with NoSQL technologies such as Cassandra, Couchbase, etc.
- Experience with web services and API development on enterprise platforms.
- Experience with automated release management using Maven, Git, Jenkins.
- Holds a master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field (or has equivalent work experience).
- Experience with VertX and Event driven Architecture is a plus.
- Experience with Couchbase, Postgres is a plus.
- Experience with Docker/Openshift based deployment is a plus.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 10, 2020, 12:33:32 PM