Position Summary and Key Responsibilities
Reporting to the Vice President JAPA Controller, this role will be leading a team of 12 finance professionals across Taiwan and Thailand to support finance related activities such as financial accounting, internal reporting, and external statutory and regulatory reporting.
The successful candidate will have the following key responsibilities:
- Providing leadership and coaching to a team of finance professionals (both managers and analysts), ensuring the team remains highly motivated, goals are well communicated, and work is prioritised appropriately.
- Primary point of contact for all legal entity related queries.
- Preparation of the annual financial statements under local market and US GAAP and coordination of the external audit process.
- Maintaining a strong control environment and ensuring the operating effectiveness of internal controls.
- Ensuring all finance related statutory and regulatory filings are made within the required deadlines.
- Advising the Board of Directors and various governance committees, and providing regular financial updates and results analysis, together with comprehensive documentation to support the sign-off of the annual financial statements.
- Overseeing the month end and quarter close process that ensures the accuracy, completeness, and appropriate disclosures of financial information under both Taiwan, Thailand and US GAAP.
- Support and implement key strategies for the business, including business deals, product launches and change initiatives.
- Partnering closely with senior leaders to ensure material business transactions are supported by relevant US and local GAAP guidance and are properly documented.
- Sponsor and support adherence to robust legal entity governance procedures in conjunction with business heads, legal counsel and compliance and risk teams.
Lead projects and other process improvement initiatives to enhance Controllership capabilities across the Asia region.
Develop and drive continuous improvement processes throughout the finance function to deliver competitive advantage to the business and ensure continuous service improvement
- Minimum 8 to 10 years of overall work experience in accounting or other areas of finance;
Strong technical finance background, with advanced knowledge in financial accounting and reporting, internal controls, and hands-on experience with statutory audit
Knowledge on local GAAP (inclusive of IFRS) and US GAAP
- Proven people leadership skills
Ability to mobilize and empower the team to complete tasks
Proven ability to manage own workload and operate autonomously.
Ability to collaborate across geographies in a matrix structure and deliver on customer expectations.
Proficiency in MS-Office applications (experience of Oracle also preferable).
Results driven / ability to perform multiple tasks, work to strict deadlines and prioritise tasks.
Strong project management skill set, including ability to manage cross functional experts, to collaborate and influence internal and external partners, and to derive actionable steps from strategic mandates.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to present to senior leaders.
- Qualified accountant or CPA preferred
- Proficiency in both written and spoken English and Mandarin
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 10, 2020, 8:44:43 AM