Manager/Senior Manager, Managed Merchant Activation Marketing
Global Merchant Services Marketing is dedicated to bringing buyers and sellers together and transforming how American Express is welcomed. GMS Marketing is responsible for partnering with GMS markets to drive profitable growth, accelerate coverage and enhance the value of Amex acceptance to merchants and Card Members at scale. We focus on enhancing our relationships with millions of merchants of all shapes and sizes, and our geographic purview includes many commerce hubs across the globe including the U.S, Canada, Latin America, the Caribbean, Europe and the Asia-Pacific region.
The Merchant Activation Marketing Team is focused on driving welcomed acceptance of American Express Cards by our merchants. In partnership with the key business partners, this team brings to life best in class, data driven, and cross-channel marketing strategies to demonstrate the value American Express brings to merchants, including marketing tools and access to high value Card Members. The team focuses on driving active locations in force (ALIF) to ensure Card Members can use their preferred method of payment wherever they go.
The Manager/Senior Manager, Managed Activation Marketing will focus on one of the highest priorities for Global Merchant Services and American Express, which is to increased activation and welcomed acceptance of American Express by developing and executing marketing for our merchants across the lifecycle.
This role offers a unique and exciting opportunity to be creative, strategic, analytical and collaborative. This role will work with creative agencies, analytics teams, and other marketing teams to develop timely, relevant, and compelling communications. This role will also champion multiple projects on behalf of US Merchant Marketing to bring about best in class marketing to the entire team, including delivery against a marketing trigger roadmap and expansion of agile marketing principles.
- Develop best-in-class, data-driven marketing strategy and communications to activate new and existing locations in force
- Partner with key stakeholders within the marketing, analytics and execution teams to develop and launch marketing campaigns that deliver against the goals
- Collaborate with the internal reviewers, creative agencies and other external vendors to deliver customer first creative that breaks through to our merchants
- Utilize internal and external insights to regularly inform ongoing marketing strategy development
The successful candidate will be high energy, proactive, and able to work well with competing priorities:
- Digital/email marketing experience strongly preferred
- Strong strategic and thought leadership skills with a passion for creating and iterating
- Analytical background with the ability to drive results with attention to detail and move projects forward with minimal supervision
- Excellent relationship and communication skills with an ability to navigate internal and agency partnerships
- Team player with a willingness to have fun!
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 13, 2020, 9:26:32 PM