Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
You won’t just shape the world of software.
You’ll shape the world of life, work and play.
Our Software Engineers not only understand how technology works, but how that technology intersects with the people who count on it every day. Today, innovative ideas, insight and new perspectives are at the core of how we create a more powerful, personal and fulfilling experience for all our customers. So if you’re interested in a career creating breakthrough software and making an impact on an audience of millions, look no further.
You won’t just keep up, you’ll break new ground.
There are hundreds of opportunities to make your mark on technology and life at American Express. Here’s just some of what you’ll be doing:
The AskAmex Conversational Intelligence Partnership team leverages the AskAmex Platform to enable conversational experiences that service our customers across voice, text, touch and other modalities on IOT devices and personal assistants including web, mobile chat, Alexa, Google Assistant and Apple business chat.
- Work with business representatives, Lead Developers, and the Director of Software Development to design, build and test new products and features
- Work independently or on small team projects
- Participate in requirement gathering and design sessions
- Participate in peer code reviews
- Troubleshoot and optimize code for usability, performance, and scalability
- We seek individuals with strong fundamental programming experience, great communication skills, and a love for working on challenging problems.
Are you up for the challenge?
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science
- Very strong and demonstrable analytical, problem solving, and debugging skills
- Professional programming experience in an enterprise setting
- 5+ years software development experience as a Java developer
- 2+ years software development experience as Web Developer using Angular/React, HTML CSS, Node Js.
- Relational database and nosql Skills (CouchDb preferred)
- Excellent technical knowledge of Java, J2EE, Spring and RESTful API ,Spring, Spring Cloud development.
- Experience developing micro services using Spring BOOT/Vertx.
- Experience working in React JS/Angular, HTML, CSS, Node js.
- Experience working in multi-threading and familiar with Asynchronous programming
- Thorough understanding of JSON, XML, SOAP, HTTP, web services technologies, and data structure fundamentals, with experience in multi-threaded programming.
- Experience with build (using Gradle, Maven, Ant, etc.)
- Experience working with testing libraries (like Junit, Mockito).
- Understanding of code versioning using git, github, bitbucket.
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable enterprise application.
Good to have:
- Familiar with Docker, Kubernetes , Openshift or understanding of any public cloud like AWS or AZURE
- Familiar with Continuous Integration/Deployment (using Jenkins, Maven, JMeter, etc.).
- Experience with Vert.x is a plus
- Experience with CouchDB is a plus
- Experience with Kafka is a plus
- Experience with React is a plus
At the core of Software Engineering
Every member of our team must be able to demonstrate the following technical, functional, leadership and business core competencies, including:
- Agile Practices
- Porting/Software Configuration
- Programming Languages and Frameworks
- Business Analysis
- Analytical Thinking
- Business Product Knowledge
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 15, 2020, 11:13:00 AM