Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference. American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years,
backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
With a focus on digitization, innovation, and analytics, the Enterprise Digital Analytics (EDA) team creates central, scalable platforms and customer experiences to help markets across all of these priorities. Charter is to drive scale for the business, and accelerate innovation for both immediate impact as well as long-term transformation of our business. A unique aspect of EDA is the integration of diverse skills across all of its remit. EDA has a very broad range of responsibilities, resulting in a broad range of initiatives around the world.
GMS Insights and Analytics team sits within the EDA organization but supports GMS for their advanced analytics needs, partners with GMS Sales Consultants to scope and execute high quality innovative custom consulting engagements. Depending on customer need, the project can vary in size and complexity. This role is responsible for end to end execution of the project engagement from problem definition, data analysis/interpretation to develop the storyline with the insights/recommendations.
Purpose of the Role:
Enable the GMS business by providing insights to merchants and internal decision makers using closed loop and relevant external information
•Perform analysis and research to develop insights and solutions to tackle the most critical strategic priorities
•End-to-end delivery of projects from problem structuring to presentation
•Cross-collaboration across organization especially EDA to generate insights based on Amex and external data sources
QualificationsCritical Factors to Success:
• Understand business economics and key macro-economic trends to generate insights for future merchant marketing campaigns
• Develop a test & learn framework to enable quick reaction to market response and to check marketing effectiveness from various marketing initiatives
• Create insights using relevant data, analytic logic and rigor to solve unstructured merchant segmentation/campaign related problem
• Put enterprise thinking first, connect the role’s agenda to enterprise priorities and balance the needs of customers, partners, colleagues & shareholders.
• Lead with an external perspective, challenge status quo and bring continuous innovation to our existing offerings
• Demonstrate learning agility, make decisions quickly and with the highest level of integrity
• Lead with a digital mindset and deliver the world’s best customer experiences every day
2-4 years of relevant experience in analytics domain
Preferred: Experience in the merchant/ commercial business
Post Graduation in Statistics/Mathematics/ Economics/Engineering/Management.
Candidates with relevant experience and a Bachelor's degree (Statistics/Mathematics/Economics/Engineering) will also be considered.
Functional & Technical Skills/Capabilities:
Strong knowledge and experience in SAS & SQL.
Knowledge of Advanced Statistical Techniques, Pythin, Hive, Pyspark is preferred.
Knowledge of Platforms:
Hadoop, SAS, Advanced Excel
Enterprise Leadership Behaviors
• Set The Agenda: Define What Winning Looks Like, Put Enterprise Thinking First, Lead with an External Perspective
• Bring Others With You: Build the Best Team, Seek & Provide Coaching Feedback, Make Collaboration Essential
• Do It The Right Way: Communicate Frequently, Candidly & Clearly, Make Decisions Quickly & Effectively, Live the Blue Box Values, Great Leadership Demands Courage
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 14, 2020, 7:22:58 PM