Don’t just have a great idea, build it.
American Express Travel & Lifestyle Services (TLS) provides our Card Members around the world with a full range of services, from trip planning and booking to enhancing their travel plans with tailored experiences. It is our mission to become essential to our customers through the flawless delivery of our products and benefits. To accomplish this, we must make Membership come to life every day through the delivery of travel, lifestyle and card servicing for our most premium Centurion Customers.
As we continue to enhance our value propositions for our premium customers, technology plays an ever increasing role and therefore a successful member of TLS Technologies team has a passion for delivering extraordinary service through the products and services they develop.
Some of the responsibilities in this role will be:
Function as an active member of an agile team by contributing to software builds through consistent development practices (tools, common components, and documentation)
Participate in code reviews and automated testing
Debug basic software components and identify code defects for remediation
Enable the development, support and monitoring of software across test, integration, and production environments
Automate deployments in test or production environments and
Automatically scale applications based on the demand projections
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Multi year experience of software development experience in a professional environment and / or comparable experience
- Familiar with Agile and other rapid application development methods
- Experience with design and coding across one or more platforms and languages … specifically a strong understanding of Spring and React
- A solid understanding of cloud technologies will help with getting your work into production quickly.
- University degree in computer science, computer engineering, or related field experience
- Strong verbal skills
- Ability to build relationships in both Technology and Product
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Experience in "online" Card Member facing applications is a plus
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
A competitive benefits offering designed to support our employees’ total health and wellbeing, including:
- Health care scheme
- Defined contribution pension plan
- Dental scheme
- Virtual GP
- Life assurance
- Income protection
- Core holiday allowance with opportunity to buy or sell additional days
- A range of flexible benefits to choose from designed to suit your lifestyle: healthcare plan options, health assessments, critical illness coverage, cycle to work, season ticket loans
- Employee Discount Portal
- Back up childcare/adultcare
- Onsite facilities include; Fitness classes, Health Checks, Digital Health Kiosk, Physiotherapy, Healthy Living Nurse, Wellness Studio, Costa Coffee and subsidised staff restaurant
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on email@example.com or 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 14, 2020, 1:26:07 AM