Make a difference in the lives of American Express employees and their families every day as part of the Colleague Total Rewards and Wellbeing, within the Colleague Experience Group. Create and deliver world class programs that position American Express as a leading employer of choice and embody our Colleague Value Proposition.
There are two primary functions of this role. The first is to manage global vendors while seeking to streamline, reduce opportunities for defects, address control gaps, and eliminate escalations to exceed colleague expectations and be an enabler of talent. The second is to provide holistic mobility and tax consultation with the business and human resources to make complex mobility decisions in a timely manner considering business need, compliance, and risk. Additionally, this role will be asked to participate in merger & acquisitions, right-shoring, and developmental projects as the mobility center of excellence. From time to time there may also be opportunities to lead/participate in a project to define, develop, and implement new non-mobility benefits on a local or global scale. Mobility is a partner with several stakeholders and may be called upon to provide strategic or operational support to non-us immigration, tax, payroll, and/or others.
Mobility at American Express supports the talent strategy and aids in attracting, retaining and deploying key talent across the globe. Mobility is centralized at a global level and includes relocations and assignments within a country and across borders in approximately 40 active countries with 500 initiations a year and is anticipated to increase focusing on the experiential aspect of relocation and assignments.
- Managing long-term vendor relationships to ensure success by setting exceptions, conducting/coordinating on-going training, developing and managing action plans, managing service level agreements/performance risk metrics, and a fostering a positive working relationship.
- Communicating - both in oral and written terms - mobility packages, answering complex questions in simple terms, and resolving escalated issues quickly and efficiently.
- Managing vendor personnel who have been co-sourced to American Express to oversee operations and strategic consulting.
- Using professional concepts and leadership behaviors to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways. Exercising judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Fluent understanding of all HR functions, key business indicators and drivers for success. Knowledge of business, relationships and industry. Using your business acumen to build credibility.
- Networking with key contacts within and outside of the Colleague Total Reward and Wellbeing Team. Is an involved participant in the decision-making process and takes proactive action.
- Oversight for internal audit activities with vendors.
- Auditing various parts of the process as well as vendor reports and compensation data to ensure proper controls and data accuracy.
- Accountability with project responsibilities (may include being the lead) for new country start-ups, groups (10+ employees), mergers, acquisitions, right-shoring, and re-engineering mobility strategy, design, timing, and costs in coordination with vendor’s operational teams.
- Timely synthesizing of key patterns, trends, and legislation that influences the benefits offering and providing the appropriate change management in coordination with applicable stakeholders and corporate affairs.
- Project lead and/or participant for various benefit projects outside of mobility to define, develop, communicate, and implement.
- Organized and focused individual with global mindset
- Consultative with the ability to make decisions holistically, quickly, and decisively
- Politically savvy and able to navigate in a complex environment
- Excellent communication and presentation skills including technology tools such as Excel and PowerPoint; at ease with multiple systems for self-service information gathering
- Ability to analyze and determine trends and patterns in data to provide recommendations to stakeholders at various levels including Executives and C-Suite
- Independent worker with minimum oversight
- Project management skills required including ability to use Microsoft Project; PMP certification preferred
- Ability to multi-task and determine priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Minimum of four years in the mobility industry; preferred experience with the following countries: Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, France, India, Italy, Mexico, Philippines, Singapore, United Kingdom, and United States
- Mobility Tax-related experience
- Prior experience in a new country start-up for a company entity, acquisition, and divestiture
- Ability to work flexible hours including early mornings, nights, and weekends to meet the needs of global teams and vendors
- Minimum Bachelor's degree
- Mobility, Tax, Human Resources, or Project Management related certificates such as: Certified Relocation Professional, Global Mobility Specialist - Talent, Certified Professional Accountant, Global Tax Certifications, Global HR Professional
- Experience with a publicly traded organization
- International travel and/or living aboard experience
- Location: 200 Vesey St, New York, NY 10285 OR virtual
- Workplace Flexibility: Potential to work remotely part of the time based on current projects and team needs.
- Visa Sponsorship: Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position.
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 20, 2020, 4:30:07 PM