Help grow one.
Our Product Owners know virtually everything about making a company run more efficiently, more effectively and more profitably. Beyond analysis, they provide insight, direction, and leadership that makes American Express one of the most respected companies in the world.
Global Business Financing is a high growth business within the American Express Global Commercial Services (GCS) division that provides its merchants and business card members with a suite of B2B financing products. This group is tasked with scaling the current offerings into a more flexible suite of solutions that address our customers' needs and expectations for a straightforward and seamless experience. Our mission is to become the leading payments and working capital provider for American Express customers.
What to expect.
No two days are alike for an American Express Product Owner, but there are some things you can count on. You will:
- Manage a Commercial Lending Product Backlog - maximize portfolio value and optimize feature prioritization by evaluating technical efforts and benefit estimates with stakeholders, while analyzing tradeoffs and tracking risks
- Design solutions that are modular, scalable and put the customers' needs front and center while executing effective user testing and creative prototyping
- Write great users stories to communicate the product vision to tech partners, convert requirements into User Stories, and build what customers actually want vs. building what we "think" they want
- Manage cross-functional stakeholders to evaluate options from multiple viewpoints, know how to speak the language of various parts of the business, and influence people and guide good decision-making
- Lead and manage the end-to-end planning and execution of User Acceptance Testing and Post Implementation Validation
- Track and validate the benefits of the work you've accomplished, measuring the value that you've contributed to the portfolio
Why American Express:
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
- Proven experience in customer development, product definition, feature scoping, and balancing tradeoffs for software
- Ability to manage details in an environment with changing priorities
- Ability to see both the big picture and the details, to translate business requirements into actionable product development plans
- Ability to present complex information clearly to groups and individuals
- Excellent communication and relationship building
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, computer science, or similar technical field required
- MBA or Graduate technical degree is preferred
- Experience working with software developers and engineers, with a strong ability to translate product requirements succinctly and ensure technology deliverables are built with high quality
- Proven ability to influence others without direct authority within a matrix organization with strong track record of developing effective relationships across cross functional teams
- Working knowledge of agile and lean software development methodologies, and the importance of iteration and continuous validation
- Proficiency in MS Excel, Visio, and Powerpoint
Depending on factors such as business unit requirements, the nature of the position, cost and applicable laws, American Express may provide visa sponsorship for certain positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 17, 2020, 5:52:41 PM