About American Express
American Express is a global services company that provides consumers and businesses with exceptional access to products, insights and experiences that enrich lives and build business success.
We make it easier, safer and more rewarding for consumers and businesses to purchase the things they need and for merchants to sell their goods and services through innovative payment, travel and expense management solutions.
Working at American Express
Experiences That Back You
What you choose to do for a living is one of the most meaningful decisions you can make. At American Express, our job is to help you excel at yours. We provide experiences to become a great leader, a world of opportunities to grow your career, and an inclusive culture to help you thrive. Because the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
Reasons to Believe
• An iconic global brand, where you can grow as a leader
• Meaningful and rewarding work that is performed with integrity
• A culture of learning in collaboration with great colleagues and leaders
• A unique career journey shaped by your talent and curiosity
• Support and trust to thrive in your career and life
The Powerful Backing™ of American Express.
Devise and Implement credit risk strategies to drive profitable growth.
Purpose of the role:
International new accounts team’s objective is to define and develop credit risk strategies to drive profitable growth as acquisition.
The team works very closely with market Chief Credit Officers, decision science team and technology teams to develop, implement, monitor and manage underwriting strategies across markets.
The incumbent will be responsible for conducting detailed analyses for Consumer New Accounts for few ICS markets.
The incumbent will lead a team of 3-4 analysts
Key responsibilities include:
1. Drive profitable strategies at acquisition driven by economics of life time value
2. Elevate customer experience by providing seamless underwriting and on-boarding experience
3. Continuous monitoring of risk trends across the portfolio and more specifically for marginal population
4. Perform root cause analyses of concerning trends and identify performance drivers
5. Ensure adherence to compliance
6. Collaborate with multiple partners including market CCOs, enterprise digital analytics, new accounts decision science, new accounts operations, GSN etc.
7. Build a strong, motivated and talented team
Critical Factors to Success:
Demonstrated ability to lead a team of analysts in conceptualizing and implementing data drive risk management solutions. Ability to collaborate across teams in a highly cross-functional environment with flexibility and adaptability to work with tight deadlines and changing priorities. Rle requires very strong partner management skills.
4+years in analytics domain, with some experience in project lead role.
Post-Graduation from a top tier college (either MBA/M tech/MS/Masters in quantitative subjects such as Economics, Statistics or Mathematics).
Experience of working in highly cross-functional environment with flexibility and adaptability to work with tight deadlines and changing priorities.
Ability to understand data, synthesize into real world meaning, break down business problems, and conduct brainstorming.
Knowledge of Platforms:
Experience with previous risk management roles will be preferred.
Demonstrated ability to lead / mentor and inspire a team of skilled business and data analysts in developing information-driven solutions for our customers.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 15, 2020, 1:02:01 AM