Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Function Description: Bank Services CoE is part of Global Treasury Operations and is responsible for end-to-end bank service lifecycle across the globe. The bank service lifecycle includes managing the process to open, close and maintain bank accounts, administering access to online bank portals and analyzing bank fees to ensure adherence to bank service agreements. The Bank Services CoE collaborates with bank account owners to rationalize or procure bank services.
Purpose of the Role:
• To effectively manage bank account infrastructure for one of the regions
• To analyze the bank fee to ensure adherence to bank service agreements and find opportunities to save at blue box level
• Efficient administration of the online access portals
• Provide differentiated solutions to internal stakeholders from treasury solution perspective
• Adherence to PRSA and controls
This position will be responsible primarily for:
• Execute bank account administration including opening, closing and adding required services to accounts.
• Execute bank system administration user access requests
• Maintain Global bank account database ensuring timely bank account updates are being performed in the region
• Maintain global static data in Treasury Management System - Maintain entity corporate banking documentation and partner with banking institutions to ensure AXP authorized signers up-to-date.
• Bank fee collation and analysis.
• Assist AXP business units with bank account related questions.
• Managing key stakeholders like GTO, Business Units and Controllership.
• Maintaining healthy working relationships with various banks
• Identifying continuous improvement opportunities and implementing the best solution to reduce bank fees and towards process improvements.
• Managing Audit, SOX, PRSA and perform the role of Spoc for the entire treasury Unit.
• Manage Basel static cash submission including research of bank account and CCID inconsistencies
• Oversight and backup of other regions.
• Managing Global projects related to bank services and Treasury.
• The candidate is required to be flexible and open to any shift however the majority of the shifts will be from 11:30am to 9:30pm
Critical Factors to Success:
• Deliver key treasury operations goals such as rationalization of architecture, ensuring optimal pricing for banking infrastructure, drive compliant processes across Bank services COE
• Streamline processes and drive operational efficiencies
• Understand & leverage intelligent automation technologies to generate use cases within the team & create opportunities to support the automation team to get that implemented
• Put enterprise thinking first, connect the role’s agenda to enterprise priorities and balance the needs of customers, partners, colleagues & shareholders.
• Lead with an external perspective, challenge status quo and bring continuous innovation to our existing offerings
• Demonstrate learning agility, make decisions quickly and with the highest level of integrity
• Lead with a digital mindset and deliver the world’s best customer experiences every day
• 2-6 years of past experience with:
• Treasury experience across banks, corporates or similar financial operations
• Preferred: Exposure to banking operations, FX, money markets & derivative instruments; Knowledge of card business model & economics
• MBA (Finance) CA / CPA / MBA with 1-3 years of experience
• Post Graduate in Finance/Economics with 4-5 years of experience
• Understanding of Basel capital adequacy & ALM
• Understanding of operational , SOX & other related control framework compliance
• Transaction banking relationship management
• Banking infrastructure management
• Bank access administration and
• Bank's compensation (analysis, reporting and negotiation)
• Banking products subject matter expertise for setting up compliant, simple yet efficient collections and payments solutions across the globe for AXP customers
• Understanding of financial domain
• Knowledge of principles of cash management, FX exposure, banking operations
• Bank Account management KYC documentation
• Analytical skills with the ability to undertake cause effect analysis
• Knowledge of financial systems Preferred.
• Basic understanding of automation capabilities
• Understanding of business products
• Treasury Management System (TMS) such as FIS Quantum, FX Trading terminals (Bloomberg, 360T, Reuters, etc), Bank Account Management (BAM),
• Advanced MS office suits such as Excel, Word, Powerpoint
• Preferred: Ability to use analytical, tools for financial systems such as Oracle, IRIS, OBIEE, Essbase, Hyperion, Financial Reporting (HFR), etc
• SWIFT Messaging MT101/103/940/942/202, Electronic Fund Transfer Modes (RTGS/WIRES/CHIPS/ACH/CHAPS/GIRO/BACS/SEPA/FAST)
Enterprise Leadership Behaviors
• Set The Agenda: Define What Winning Looks Like, Put Enterprise Thinking First, Lead with an External Perspective
• Bring Others With You: Build the Best Team, Seek & Provide Coaching Feedback, Make Collaboration Essential
• Do It The Right Way: Communicate, Frequently, Candidly & Clearly, Make Decisions Quickly & Effectively, Live the Blue Box Values, Great Leadership Demands Courage
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 15, 2020, 7:15:31 AM