Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
The position is responsible for performing core controllership functions for American Express International Inc.(AEII) legal entities which in houses the International businesses; ranging from Accounting, Reporting, Business / Financial management, Audit / Internal controls, other compliances requiring engagement with multiple groups (like GR2R, A&R controllership, Segment controllership, GAPA, Taxation, Auditors, Treasury, IAG ).
Purpose of the Role:
The position will report directly to Delivery Leader and will play an integral role in supporting and driving critical business initiatives / complex accounting & reporting issues relating to new M&A deals, legal entity structural changes, AEII Consol Audit, New Accounting standards, Issuance of new financial instruments, MRAs remediation and able to articulate upstream and downstream impacts from legal entity perspective
• Spearhead key initiatives to strengthen legal entity purity and enhance existing governance framework by identifying ‘out of the box’ opportunities and add value to the company
• Coordinate with multiple teams for variance analysis and governance structure
• Drive results in complex specialized projects / transactions working with multiple parties under limited supervision, involving preparation and review of MFRs and other documentation, as required
• Active participation in core process framework – Financial & close governance, audit / exam support, board support, other enterprise wide exercises like resolution planning, LEG assessment
• Support in preparation and review of US-GAAP financial statements (Income Statement, Balance Sheet & Cash Flow), roll-forwards / schedules, statutory / regulatory filings like Y11
• Drive Balance Sheet governance exercise to ensure proactive clearances of unnatural, static, expired and unreconciled balances and other alarming items
• Identify improvement opportunities in existing processes (trending, variance analytics and commentary), legacy system set-ups.
Critical Factors to Success:
• Strong technical and operational accounting experience along with process excellence.
• Excellent business acumen, ability to think both in terms of business strategy and technical compliance.
• 3-4 years of experience in Legal Entity Controllership, accounting, reporting, project management
• US GAAP knowledge and Audit experience is a plus
• Professional Accounting degree CA/CPA
• Ability to manage multiple priorities with excellent attention to detail, understanding of company business, segments
• Able to challenge status quo & effectively communicate with leadership, auditors, regulators
• Knowledge of US GAAP with ability to understand the changes resulting from upcoming GAAP modifications
Knowledge of Platforms:
• Knowledge of Oracle, Essbase, HFM
• Commitment to working in a team environment to achieve results.
• Flexible, results-driven and able to lead and influence without authority
Enterprise Leadership Behaviors
• Set The Agenda: Define What Winning Looks Like, Put Enterprise Thinking First, Lead with an External Perspective
• Bring Others With You: Build the Best Team, Seek & Provide Coaching Feedback, Make Collaboration Essential
• Do It The Right Way: Communicate Frequently, Candidly & Clearly, Make Decisions Quickly & Effectively, Live the Blue Box Values, Great Leadership Demands Courage
Shift Timing: 11:30 am-7:30 pm
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 24, 2020, 4:18:28 AM