The Global Commercial Services (GCS) Operational Excellence (OE) team aims to ensure that GCS has a robust first line of defense, playing an active role in supporting the growth of business, meet its objectives and demonstrating an effective control framework.
The Policy Management Team is part of GCS OE team and is responsible for change management activities that impact GCS related to regulatory and AXP policy requirements driven out of compliance initiatives as well as the Annual Compliance Plan.
We seek to put the customer at the center of everything that we do by strengthening and enabling the customer experience by implementing control enhancements to meet AXP regulatory and policy expectations and eliminating the reoccurrence of issues. The team owns the overall governance and oversight responsibilities for various AEMP polices for GCS. Some of the major AEMP policies we manage are – Third party Lifecycle Management (AEMP 10), Business T (AEMP 30), Consecutive Absences (AEMP 49) .etc.
The team works closely with GRBC, TLM, Global Supply Management (GSM), Technology and other key stakeholders as well as the leaders across GCS to ensure all activities comply with internal standards, policies and regulatory expectations
Purpose of the Role:
The Analyst in this role will be the primary point of contact in GCS OE team for all work related to Third-Party Lifecycle Management (TLM) and delivering against their obligations under AEMP10 which has substantiate weightage in the Control/Compliance rating of business. This will include working closely with the TLM team to complete TLM deliverables. The candidate will also be responsible for raising awareness and educating GCS business on TLM program/requirements and implement process improvements to ensure a robust TLM program for the business.
- Ensure risks related to Policy Management (AEMP 10, 30, 49 .etc.) are managed in line with regulatory & AXP expectations
- Develop new reporting and dashboards utilizing Third Party data to glean insights, track vendor health/performance and drive Cost Containment through savings and usage rationalization
- Ensure that GCS Operational Excellence is a trusted partner to GCS business in supporting them meeting their expectations, and in doing so, operates efficiently, leveraging center of excellence where applicable, but also ensuring strong business focus and presence
- The successful candidate will be required to collaborate closely with relationship managers to ensure that policy timelines are met, and GCS Control/Compliance rating is protected. The incumbent will be responsible for monitoring TLM deliverables against all 3rd parties.
- Raise awareness and educating business and Third-Party Risk and Relationships Managers (TRMs) on various requirements on TLM program. Create tools, resources and training as needed for Third-Party Risk and Relationships Managers (TRMs).
- Partner with the OE Functional Team to take a pragmatic, practical and risk based approach to effectively balance policy obligations and control rating impacts against business growth implications
Critical Factors to Success:
- Exceptional PowerPoint and Dashboard Creation skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills (issue identification, problem structuring, analysis, development of recommendations)
- Strong verbal & written communication skills and the ability to interact effectively with cross functional teams
- Demonstrated analytical skills including the ability to think through all aspects of problems and generate possible courses of action
- Proven ability to adjust quickly to shifting priorities, multiple demands, ambiguity and rapid change.
- Strong work ethic with an intense will-to-win and demonstrated personal excellence
- Experience in Operational Excellence, Compliance, Internal Audit, Operational Risk or a related discipline would be given preference.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
- Self-motivated, pro-active individual with an analytical mindset and excellent attention to detail
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills to work across a wide range of teams and build effective working relationships.
- Experience in business process improvement and driving governance requirements
- Build and Leverage Relationships - Strong collaboration skills and demonstrated ability to network globally. Build and sustain relationships with key stakeholders: GCS POCs, Third-Party Risk and Relationships Managers (TRMs) and VP owners, TLM & TSM Centre of Expertise, Global Supply management (GSM), Independent Validation (IV) team in GRBC, Business T team .etc.
- Drive Results – Ability to adjust quickly to shifting priorities, multiple demands, ambiguity, and rapid change with time management
- Strong in MS-Excel & PowerPoint
- Information Analysis – Ability to work with large volume of data in through organized and systematic approach. Create clean, accurate records and meaningful reporting.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 15, 2020, 3:27:47 PM