American Express is a global service company, providing customers with exceptional access to products and experiences that enrich lives and build business success. Each day, we make it easier, safer and more rewarding for consumers and businesses to purchase the things they need and for merchants to sell their goods and services, enabling them to do and achieve more.
We’re committed to becoming the world’s most respected service brand and daily deliver extraordinary service to our customers, constantly reinventing our ways of working to ensure we offer rich rewards that redefine expectations for our clients and ourselves.
The American Express Enterprise Digital & Analytics team is a center of excellence designed to centralize web, mobile and digital partnership development activities and help the company leverage digital expertise across businesses. The Digital Commerce team within “EDA” is continuously identifying ways to connect buyers and sellers at scale on the Amex network, adding value to both Card Members and Merchants outside of payments. Amex Offers is used to accomplish this goal through targeted offers which are presented to the right customer, at the right time, in the right channel.
The Manager, Amex Offers Product Development is responsible for growing the Amex Offers program by launching new and differentiated features that drive user engagement and Merchant satisfaction. In addition, the manager will be responsible for working with our Operations and Merchant Services partners to improve our internal processes with the goal of optimizing speed to market.
This Manager will be passionate about digital product development and will work with partners across global Operations, Merchant, Network, Product and Technology to deliver new opportunities that could drive scale on the platform, increase Merchant and Cardmember satisfaction and drive revenue. You will be able to learn about a wide variety of partner conditions and be able to drive thoughtful and innovative strategies based on realistic expectations and an understanding of what it takes to bring products and capabilities to life.
The ideal candidate for this role will inspire multiple stakeholders and key business partners about the potential of our product, develop creative solutions to meet each partner’s needs and support the ongoing growth of Amex Offers. He/she will be a skillful communicator who enjoys a fast-paced environment, operates cross-functionally (both with business and technology stakeholders), and maintains a positive attitude and sense of humor in the face of challenges. He/she should take a customer-centric approach to prioritization and be able to manage the needs to multiple customer groups (ie Merchants and Card Members).
This role reports to Director, Amex Offers Product Development based in New York.
- Identify opportunities to leverage Amex Offers to meet the needs of new and existing customers
- Understand the competitive landscape of offers platforms and digital innovation in focus markets
- Drive the roadmap, prioritization, and end to end product development for new product enhancements
- Partner closely with stakeholders across the globe, including AET, GMS Marketing, GNICS, RIM, Compliance, Legal, Brand and others to communicate the product vision and high-level business needs for enhancements
- Contribute strategic insights & forward thinking ideas to continuously evolve and improve the product offering and value proposition
- Produce Amex Offers reporting scorecards and presentations as required for leadership / partner updates
- Minimum of 4+ years working in digital product development with experience launching a digital experiences from start to finish
- Familiarity with api development and tokenization
- Ability to manage multiple stakeholders (and time-zones) across the US, AU, JP, HK, SG, NZ, UK and more
- Proven track record of positively collaborating with and influencing partners in a matrixed environment to achieve outcomes without direct responsibility
- Ability to manage multiple business and technology workstreams, as well as the strong organizational skills necessary to do so
- Skilled in Agile product development methodologies and comfortable with collaboration tools
- Ability to work with white space to help design technical solutions to solve complex business problems
- Ability to analyze data to determine priorities, opportunities and issues with the product
- High-caliber presentation skills, both in terms of preparing and delivering a strategic vision to large groups and senior leaders
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 15, 2020, 6:15:05 PM