American Express is built on service and sustained by innovation. Established in 1850 as an express delivery service, American Express has remained a leader for generations by embracing both innovation and tradition. As our company has grown and evolved, sometimes reinventing our business outright, we have never strayed from the customer-service ethos and values on which we were built—trust, security, integrity, quality, good citizenship, respect and customer commitment. We continue innovating as we look to drive growth and efficiency, deliver greater value to our merchants, broaden our consumer base and - above all -provide superior customer service.
Today, American Express is the world’s largest global payments network, owning relationships with both Card Members and merchants. We provide products and services to customers around the world, process millions of transactions daily, and drive more than $1 trillion in commerce annually. With a diverse product set and a large, global customer base, the company is the largest payment issuer by spending volume.
Global Talent Acquisition function at American Express is going through a strategic recruitment transformation, deploying robotics & process automation tools and modernizing recruitment infrastructure to focus on business talent priorities and enhance end-to-end process experience.
The US Campus Recruiting team is responsible for attracting, engaging, assessing and hiring the future leaders of tomorrow across the enterprise. American Express is seeking a seasoned leader who has the necessary background and experience to lead the campus recruiting function across North America region and support our goal to implement a world class recruitment organization.
The Director, US Campus Recruiting will be responsible for forming an enterprise-wide vision and commitment on the role campus talent plays by securing Executive level support for aggressive and diversified recruiting efforts with the intent to convert and develop high performing talent for the future. The leader will focus on university relationships and other partnerships, and oversee initiatives and programs designed to target, attract, and hire diverse, early career talent.
Key Ares of Focus:
- Campus Presence – Enhance our on-campus presence, build a consistent marketing and outreach experience and determine global strategy for virtual recruiting efforts
- Program Management – Lead and manage the redesign of the summer intern experience and the learning and development opportunities associated with it
- Business Advisory – Create overall approach, manage relationships and communications with key influencers such as senior leaders, business liaisons, reps, interviewers and hiring leaders. Ensure that there is clarity and alignment on the campus objectives and processes, and active participation from the Business Units to support
- Campus Diversity – Increase our diverse campus talent yield through core schools, partnerships and in-house programming
- Operational Excellence – Create Enterprise-wide process and tools and ensure operational excellence. Lead creation of recruiting training and other resources to be leveraged with schools teams, business reps and interviewers
- Create and execute recruitment strategies and manage the recruiting process across several business divisions and functional areas globally
- Develop overall strategy to build and deliver a best-in-class candidate experience
- Partner with recruitment marketing team to develop an on-campus marketing strategy ranging from event activation ideas to social media to event collateral to event swag
- Develop and maintain close partnerships with senior leaders within business units and functions as well as other stakeholders including HR Business Partner, Compensation, Talent Planning
- Ensure the delivery of a consistent white-glove executive candidate experience
- Provide thought leadership to the enterprise, bringing best practices, views on the external talent
- Qualify, select and manage relationships and performance partnerships
- Provide thought leadership and leverage executive relationships to support U.S. campus recruitment efforts
- Promote and enhance the American Express’ employee value proposition to the external market
- 7+ years of University Recruitment experience with preferred experience in Diversity Recruiting or related area
- Demonstrated skills as a strong and engaging people leader
- Deep client service orientation combined with a strong sense of urgency, drive for results and business judgment
- Excellent consultative, communication, collaboration, and influencing skills at the executive level
- Strong process-driven and operational focus
- Strategic thinker coupled with a hands-on practical approach and the ability to translate ideas into solutions that deliver measurable results
- Experience in university recruitment and in building and maintaining relationships with schools (includes: career centers, professors, university leadership, and student organizations).
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to manage large-scale, complex initiatives
- Proven ability to source, qualify, engage, assess and attract candidates
- Unrelenting commitment to diversity and inclusion
- Experience leading a small team and developing people desired
- Technology recruitment experience desired, Financial Services recruitment experience preferred
- Global or cross-border experience desired
- Bachelor’s degree is required, MBA or other graduate degree preferred
- Location: 200 Vesey St, New York, NY 10080
- Visa Sponsorship: Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 15, 2020, 11:25:43 AM