There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years,
backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
The American Express Enterprise Digital and Analytics (EDA) team is the center of excellence designed to centralize web, mobile and digital partnership development activities and help the company leverage digital expertise across businesses. The Global Commercial and Merchant Analytics team within “EDA” is continuously identifying ways to power the growth of Commercial and Merchant business with impactful analytical insights and products.
Purpose of the Role:
This India Gurgaon-based role will partner with GMNS Marketing and the Amex Offers /Recommendations product teams in EDA globally to drive strategic decision-making via advanced analytics, scaled insights tools, and disciplined test & learn. We deliver high-calibre analytic thought-leadership and deep expertise in strategic analyses and data to drive both merchant and Card Member engagement in the digital Merchant-to-Cardmember Marketing, such as Amex Offers and Perception-of-Coverage.
• Developing and maintaining a close partnership with global GMNS Marketing and EDA Product teams
• Setting the strategic tone by assessing business needs and developing relevant analytical solutions
• Identifying opportunities to standardize and productize our offerings, and product-managing existing insights packages
• Voraciously consuming & actioning customer feedback to continue enhancing our core focus and the processes for delivering them
• Partnering with our own team in NYC and UK to bring best practices and analytic frameworks/products across the global markets
Critical Factors to Success:
The ideal candidate plays an active role in embedding analytical thought leadership into all phases of partner planning and influencing the success of merchant-to-Card Member marketing. S/he needs to be customer-centric, and an evangelist for instilling metrics-driven thinking into all levels of marketing-related decision-making in the business.
•1+ years of relevant experience in Analytics domain. Prior experience with marketing analytics will be a plus.
• An advanced degree in Economics/Statistics/IT/Business would be preferred.
• Expert analytics: Thoughtful application of a variety of analytical approaches and delivery of clear & powerful insights and recommendations for partners with keen attention to details.
• A consultative mindset: The ability to think strategically & align analytical efforts to business goals, articulate business problems from the customer's perspective, cut through noise to diagnose core needs, establish testable hypotheses, and bring partners along for the journey.
Ability to solve and execute unstructured business problems is a plus.
• Excellent knowledge of and experience with Hive, Python, R, SAS, SQL encompassing data manipulation and statistical modeling/data mining techniques.
• A passion for data visualization & information display and decks that wow in their ability to communicate simply & clearly.
Knowledge of Platforms:
•Experience working on Cornerstone
•Knowledge about Amex Offers Ecosystem and Merchant Recommendations is a plus.
• Set The Agenda: Put Enterprise Thinking First, Lead with an External Perspective
• Bring Others With You: Make Collaboration Essential
• Do It The Right Way: Communicate Frequently, Candidly & Clearly, Make Decisions Quickly & Effectively, Live the Blue Box Values
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 15, 2020, 7:57:01 AM