Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it
This position is responsible for providing administrative support to multiple VP’s and teams within the Framework Engineering organization
Job responsibilities will include:
- Organizing and maintaining complex calendars using a high level of tact and integrity, including scheduling meetings and conference calls across different time zones, most frequently between AZ, NY, CA, UK and India.
- Managing the logistics of key meetings, including room booking, catering, production of meeting materials, etc.
- Coordinating complex travel arrangements including air, hotel, and car service
- Reconciling expenses and filing expense reports
- Managing and tracking the payroll system for the team (holidays, vacation, sick days etc.)
- General follow-up and reminders in order to effectively meet deadlines and commitments.
- Organizing regular team meetings and 1:1s with Direct Reports.
- Maintaining inventory of office supplies, including placing orders
- Managing confidential filing and keeping regulatory records in good order.
- Must have 3+ years of administrative experience
- Ability to organize and work on own initiative.
- Ability to work independently or with minimal direction.
- Experience in handling a wide range of administrative related tasks, organizing large meetings, and arranging travel.
- Ability to manage and complete multiple tasks within specified timeframes.
- Ability to act diplomatically and respectfully when communicating with individuals of varying levels.
- Expert level of written and verbal communication skills.
- Understanding and appreciation of key customer relationships (internal & external).
- Accuracy and attention to details.
- Flexible, proactive, well organized, resourceful and efficient.
- Handling of confidential and sensitive issues in an appropriate manner.
- An ability to demonstrate adaptability and flexibility.
- Strong knowledge of Keynote, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Familiarity with Amex organization and Amex-specific systems (procurement, payroll, HR, etc.) is preferred
- Flexibility and availability when VP is traveling
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 5, 2020, 8:43:05 AM