Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
- Provides a portfolio level view across all products that shows progress of what has been committed on a pre-defined cadence
- Define and manage how the teams should be operating to allow visibility into the delivery process
- Coaching for teams that need the extra help
- Ensure teams are implementing guidelines and assess overall status at the portfolio level of how well we are:
- Are we grooming, writing acceptance criteria sizing, having retros, planning, mapping out dependencies and talking to teams
- Facilitate conversations / solutioning between teams and non-OA teams where there may be dependencies or linkages
- Runs retros, sprint planning and demos, PI planning, etc.
- Publish commitments of planning sessions (whether they be sprint or PI planning sessions)
- Runs monthly Product & tech sync with Portfolio Manager
- Works with Product & Tech to identify “top 3 features” per product
- Trouble-shoot issues and surface up impediments with delivery
- Manage JIRA spaces: Request spaces, ensure consistency in set-up, enable necessary fields, and metrics dashboards
- Preferably a BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other Technical discipline
Must have web technology stack experience & experience with web
6+ years of Software Project Management experience
Ability to effectively interpret Technical and Business objectives as well as challenges and support the team in delivering
Ability to drive projects end-2-end, work with a diverse set of teams and challenge the status quo
Willingness to learn new technologies, experiment and exploit them to their optimal potential
Experience in clarifying objectives, dealing with ambiguity/under-defined problems, advocating for simplification, and influencing teams
Excellent oral and written communication skills; Ability to effectively communicate across third parties and technical and business product managers.
Ability to get industry leading solutions to market efficiently and effectively
- Influence team members with innovative changes and improvements by challenging status quo and demonstrating risk taking.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 21, 2020, 2:09:35 AM