Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years,backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to taken on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.Don’t live life without it.
American Express Technologies is looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to join a dynamic and innovative DevOps team. Our team provides support for Digital Payments solutions, critical to the future growth of American Express’ business. The team uses Agile methodology for project delivery and operates in a fast-paced business environment. From integrating with partners such as Apple, Amazon and American Express Network partners, such as international banks, to developing highly available solutions there will always be exciting challenges in this environment.
- As a Senior DevOps Engineer you will be responsible for maintaining availability of the platform.
- You will guard the platform against degrading performance and work collaboratively with engineers across multiple teams and systems team to build a sustainable , scalable, distributed, fault-tolerant system.
- You will also proactively monitor systems using enterprise/platform adapted monitoring tools , and respond to incidents (as needed).
- You will also be responsible for ensuring any production deployable code has all the necessary Alerts , necessary logging needed to debugging and work with operations to update runbook.
- You will be working with multiple teams to identify areas of improvement within the platform and build a solution to automate monitoring solutions for the next generation platform, technology and constant innovations to drive efficiencies.
- You will be responsible for implementing tracing, monitoring, tooling solutions to maximize the performance and availability of our Web applications.
- Experience in a high pressure fast paced work environment supporting 24x7 critical systems
- A proven hunger to learn new technologies and translate them into working software
- Managing distributed, scalable, secured, and highly-available platforms
- Understanding of cloud technologies such as Kubernetes, OpenShift and Docker
- Experience with Docker, microservices and container based deployment and service orchestration using Kubernetes
- Hands on experience leveraging monitoring tools such as Splunk, ELK, Grafana and Dynatrace
- Strong knowledge on REST APIs and JVM internals
- Experience with scripting languages like Python(recommended) and Perl
- Hands-on experience on build systems like Maven and CI/CD
- Good to have experience on Machine learning algorithms/tools and frameworks.
- Knowledge on network rules creation, load balancer configurations, network packet analysis and network protocols.
- Strong communication skills in line with DevOps blameless culture. Ability to communicate across peers, and senior leadership to explain impacts, outages, and planned change events.
- Strong troubleshooting skills and experience working within a heterogeneous environment
- Ability to solve problems quickly and independently
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent work experience
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 17, 2020, 2:49:40 PM