Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
American Express’s global workforce is served by an award-winning Digital Workplace team that enables communication, connection, collaboration, and productivity – and we’re just getting started.
We’re looking for a customer-empathic, forward-thinking Information Architect to build outstanding information frameworks that support the millions of productivity journeys our colleagues complete each year, allowing them to continue making a difference to millions of customers around the globe.
Who you are
You are an Information Architect seeking the most important customer problems to solve. You see the big picture and are driven to tame the complexities inherent in an interconnected corporate ecosystem – but are also able to see how the smallest feature could impact the larger whole. You have a knack for technology, but you care the most about the people who use technologies.
You enjoy the challenge of bringing our dynamic partners on board to your vision. You lead by influence. You love to engage with others to produce meaningful results. You are ready to build the best digital workplace the universe has ever seen.
Are these things you like to do?
- Contribute to and support the thought-leadership required to evolve an
organization from one historically focused on delivering individual products
to one that crafts end-to-end colleague journeys crossing multiple
products, platforms, and functional owners
- Work closely with research professionals, product owners, and leadership
to deeply understand the ways that people perform top-level journeys in
the workplace, then document and build the information frameworks
necessary to optimize these journeys
- Develop and lead the implementation of ontologies, data architectures, and data-management practices in consultation with internal partners
- Contribute to data integration and mapping efforts to harmonize taxonomies from multiple domains and incorporate metadata into topical, named entity, and other relevant ontologies
- Analyze and implement knowledge organization strategies using tools capable of metadata management, ontology management, and semantic enrichment
- Develop and keep current a library of knowledge graphs, user flows, data relationships, information architectures, and other important documents
- Influence and participate with governance bodies to standardize data models
- Work through a variety of technology challenges that will require creativity and close collaboration across internal teams, customers, and partners
- Take thoughtful risks and champion new ideas
Are you up for the challenge?
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science / Information Systems or related discipline; Masters in Library or Information Sciences preferred
- 7+ years Information Architecture experience with at least 3+ years in advanced data-management/metadata technologies
- 5+ years Data Architecture experience leading projects in complex, corporate-class, multi-system integration environments
- Experience with Semantic Web Technologies (RDF, RDFS, OWL, SPARQL) and ontologies development
- Experience with large-company collaboration; Microsoft productivity; content and asset management; corporate compliance; and enterprise social, search, and messaging tools
- Solid understanding of system development life cycle; Agile methodologies (Scrum and SAFe); and requirements, design and test techniques
- Demonstrable skills in data modeling and information design
- A consistent track record of working with teams to turn customer needs into intelligent information systems, delivering delightful and frictionless customer experiences that deliver business results
- Experience analyzing complex customer journeys to systematically prioritize work and measure its impact
- Experience in working as part of a distributed global development team, responsible for the design, implementation, delivery and support of a global application spanning multiple time-zones.
- Shown how your dedicated collaboration with other departments (e.g. engineering, security, leadership teams, servicing) has led to outstanding software usage and benefits
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 29, 2020, 3:47:51 PM