Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
You know more than the code, you know quality.
Our Quality Engineers understand that “good enough” is never enough. They are experts in automation, testing and quality assurance. And they are driven to continuously raise the bar – ensuring that only the highest quality code is released. Because that is what our business and our customers depend on.
Do you see the details and the big picture?
Quality doesn’t happen by accident. It takes deep knowledge and a relentless pursuit of perfection. As a Quality Engineer on our team, you’ll:
- Work with engineers to drive improvements in code quality via manual and automated testing
- Develop test plans, testing resource requirements, and scheduling of testing activity
- Execute test cases/scripts, including Systems Integration, Regression, and Performance Testing
- Drive development of automation and testing in a CD/CI environment
- Identify opportunities to adopt innovative testing technologies and techniques
- Contribute in an agile team by driving user story analysis and feature grooming, designing and developing thorough test-cases and test scenarios.
- Ensure use of QA methodologies and how to apply in an agile work environment using Agile product management tools like Jira
- Create and maintain automated tests running in a continuous integration environment.
- Ensure excellent application usability through careful manual testing
- Implement QA fundamentals with experience in functional, regression, integration and exploratory testing
- Contribute in testing complex enterprise web applications with multiple upstream and downstream integrations
- Designs automated test cases to achieve test requirements that encompass the full spectrum of testing.
- Experience writing automated Test cases & Test plans, automation frameworks
- Analyzes, reviews, and validates test data.
- Prepares and publishes test reports.
- Collaborate with Product team, development team and backend teams to plan, test and release high-quality features in the apps.
- Work closely with development team to iteratively test concurrently with feature development
- Analyze and create end point mocks to aid in testing
- Assists in estimation and assessment of feasibility of features
- Follow and help cultivate consistent development best practices
We’re looking for an enthusiastic Quality Assurance Engineers with endless curiosity to learn and a creative mindset on how to break and therefore test things. You will be using your experience in automated testing including UI, API, and services automation, to work on web applications that will be used by tens of millions of American Express cardholders around the world. We want someone with good technical skills including JAVA and REACT JS. Should enjoy solving tough problems and working with new technologies to design and execute. You should not be shy about sharing your ideas and be passionate about user experience and high quality. You’ll be working in a fast-paced environment as part of the Web Engineering team whose mandate is to develop new products and platforms for American Express customers. You should be familiar with modern software development methodologies and be able to dive deep and rapidly iterate on ideas despite ambiguity.
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline
- 2 to 5+ years of experience in Technology, with an emphasis on QA, and proven ability in writing test cases, running functional, automated, or performance tests, and managing defects
- Solid experience in test-driven development, unit testing, functional testing, system integration testing, regression testing, GUI testing, web service testing, and browser compatibility testing
- Experience writing automated tests and custom automation framework
- Experience with Agile software development methodology
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Deals well with ambiguous/under defined problems; able to think abstractly
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment
- Mid-Senior level experience in automation testing using Selenium, programming language Java
- Has exposure to a variety of distributed infrastructure technologies and systems
- RESTful services experience
- Experience with CI/CD programming is a plus
- Experience in using Load Runner for performance testing
- Experience in using Unified Functional Tool is recommended
- Strong command of Appium for building mobile unit and automation tests
- Experience working with and testing SOAP API / Restful services
Every member of our team must be able to demonstrate the following technical, functional, leadership and business core competencies, including:
- Agile Practices
- Programming/Software Development
- SDLC Methodologies and Practices
- Analytical Thinking
- Industry and Company Knowledge
- Problem Solving
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 27, 2020, 5:57:11 PM