Director, Fraud Risk Management Capabilities - Authorization Platform Modernization
At American Express we are focused on providing the best customer experience everyday through a differentiated set of products and services. Amex’s Risk Management capabilities are at the core of delivering a superior customer experience while managing credit and fraud losses at the lowest levels in the industry. With our mix of assets like closed-loop data and machine learning models on a modern technology stack we are re-imagining how payment experiences & risk management converge in a more modern, digital and connected world.
Modernizing the authorizations platform is a key strategic imperative to uplift aging infrastructure and provide new capabilities to enable rapid innovation and growth. The Fraud team is a major stakeholder in the modernization initiative and will drive business requirements for the new platform, encompassing current functionality and envisioning and planning for future business needs, form factors and payment mechanisms.
We are looking for a Director of Authorization Platform modernization who will drive the vision and strategy for fraud capabilities across the modernization effort. The role will involve working with key stakeholders across the fraud risk organization, as well as product owners and tech resources to help gather, articulate, prioritize and optimize requirements into a comprehensive roadmap and migration plan.
The successful individual will ensure that the new platform supports the evolving needs of fraud risk, while minimizing impact to current initiatives. This role requires strong organizational, technical, creative problem-solving and stakeholder management skills and the ability to influence across multiple levels of leadership.
This is an exciting and critical role that will help drive the modernization roadmap of one of American Express’s most important platforms. We are looking for someone who is curious, enjoys creative problem solving, has a strong attention to details, and has an entrepreneurial background.
Does the above sound like you?
- Gather, synthesize, articulate and prioritize fraud requirements.
- Ensure current needs are being met while future needs are being defined.
- Gather and incorporate knowledge of key industry trends and ensure roadmap and requirements are future-proofed.
- Build and lead a team of dedicated capability managers.
- Translate roadmap into well-defined requirements and acceptance criteria
- Identify and prioritize improvement opportunities.
- Help define and negotiate the trade offs between supporting current needs vs future functionality.
- Communicate and build consensus across multiple stakeholders.
- Arbitrate between competing needs and priorities to determine and drive optimal outcomes.
- 5+ years of experience implementing capabilities in complex environments
- Track record of leading and motivating people.
- Minimum of 3 years of leadership experience.
- Fraud risk management experience is a significant plus
- Strong project management experience with a demonstrated ability to drive results and implement strategies.
- High energy, intellectually curious and infectiously positive
- Excellent relationship management skills with an ability to work cross-organizationally to influence others, drive change, and implement initiatives
- A good balance of technical knowledge and business acumen with a proven track record of driving large scale innovations, launching capabilities and/or managing migrations
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to engage, influence and inspire partners to drive collaboration and alignment
- An ability to solve complex problems and a highly analytical approach
- High degree of organization, individual initiative and personal accountability
- Bachelor’s Degree (or comparable experience) in business or project management, computer science, engineering or a related technical discipline required
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 31, 2020, 8:56:01 PM