Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
We are looking for a highly technically proficient Java software API/backend Engineer to work on One Amex suite of products at American Express. You'll work among high performing engineering, design and product teams. If you enjoy working in a high paced, highly technical environment where everyone can have their say while still being able to set and hit deadlines, then this is the role for you.
· Participate in the design and implementation of core platform features.
· Provide Operational support with building platform monitoring tools/dashboards, ad hoc reports
· Defect Fixes, Performance Testing, Endurance testing.
- Overall 4+ years of developing internet-scale solution development primarily using Java 8+, Spring Boot and no-sql databases (primarily mongo)
· Must have demonstrated experience in developing and building asynchronous Reactive Micro services utilizing Vertx
· Must have experience in developing REST APIs using Spring Boot 2.0 (reactive) and skilled in Open API (swagger) specification.
· Must have demonstrated experience in designing database schemas, index design, optimizations for query tuning.
· Experienced in utilizing Grafana, Jaeger, Splunk to monitor and troubleshooting application systems
· Demonstrated experience in using modern software engineering tools : git workflows, gradle, load testing tools, mock frameworks.
· A bachelor's degree in Engineering or related field.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 28, 2020, 2:52:50 PM