At American Express we are focused on providing the best customer experience everyday through a differentiated set of products and services. Amex’s Risk Management capabilities are at the core of delivering the superior customer experience while managing credit and fraud losses at lowest levels in the industry. With our mix of assets like closed-loop data, machine learning models, underwriting techniques on a modern technology stack we are re-imagining how payment experiences & risk management converge in a more modern, digital and connected world.
In order to deliver on the vision, the Credit and Fraud Risk Capabilities (CFRC) team is driving the roadmap for modernizing risk platforms while enabling new business capabilities. Modernizing the Authorizations platform, is a key strategic imperative to uplift an aging infrastructure and provide new capabilities to enable rapid innovation and growth. We are looking for a Director of Authorization Platforms who will drive the vision and strategy for modernization of this platform. The role involves working with engineering leaders to convert the product vision into a well-managed development roadmap with a set release cycle. This is a technology facing role defining software product vision, ensuring flexible and global system/capability design, grooming user stories, prioritizing work for scrum team using program increments.
The successful individual ensures that the new platform meets the evolving needs of the enterprise through continuous innovation, evaluation and deployment. This role requires strong organizational, technical, creative problem-solving and stakeholder management skills and have the ability to influence across multiple levels of leadership. This person must work well in a dynamic, complex environment and under deadline pressures and be able to coordinate the efforts of a large Agile team (stakeholders, designers, developers and analytics) to deploy the new platform across markets and products.
This is an exciting and critical role that will help drive the future roadmap of the global platform for enabling best in class authorizations decisions at American Express. You’ll work among high performing design, product and engineering teams. We are looking for someone who is deeply inquisitive, enjoys creative problem solving, has a strong attention to details, and has an entrepreneurial background and a maniacal focus on driving results, platform performance and high availability.
Does the above sound like you?
· Gather platform & business process modernization requirements based on current state and future needs. Ensure current needs are being met while future is being defined.
· Define and articulate a long-term software product strategy and roadmap with clearly defined business metrics and outcomes
· Lead a team of 5-7 product owners with a scrum team each.
· Translate roadmap into well-defined requirements and acceptance criteria
· Understand competitive best practices, external trends and integrate them into software product strategies.
· Work closely with the technology team to develop the best-in-class architecture that delivers high availability (100%), millisecond performance, and high quality software on a modern stack using high compute, in-memory databases, scalable on external cloud.
· Identify and prioritize the list of platform optimization opportunities & recommendations
· Ensure best in class agile software development processes are in place
· Communicate and build consensus across multiple stakeholders in creating the software product roadmap
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 11, 2020, 9:17:21 PM