Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
American Express is embarking on an exciting transformation driven by an energetic new team of high performers. This group is nimble and creative with the power to shape our technology and product roadmap. If you have the talent and desire to deliver innovative Identity products and services at a rapid pace, serving our customers seamlessly across physical, digital, mobile, and social media, join our transformation team! You will be part of a fast-paced, entrepreneurial team responsible for delivering projects platform supporting our global customer base.
Our Engineers that join our Technologies team will be assigned to one of several exciting teams that are responsible for development and management of business critical platforms. You will be part of a fast-paced, entrepreneurial team responsible for delivering projects platform supporting our global customer base. You will be challenged with identifying innovative ideas and proof of concept to deliver against the existing and future needs of our customers. Our Software Engineers not only understand how technology works, but how that technology intersects with the people who count on it every day. Today, innovative ideas, insight and new perspectives are at the core of how we create a more powerful, personal and fulfilling experience for all our customers.
Own overall feature or application and be responsible for overall quality of the feature/application, constantly striving for 100% test automation.
Develop modular, zero-maintenance, environment-agnostic, scalable test automation suites
Contribute to test automation framework design and design enhancements
Develop a deep understanding of functional domain
Collaborate closely with product owners and other stakeholders to understand user journeys, and use cases, and translate that into robust test cases
Identify gaps in requirements and work closely with stakeholders in disambiguating requirements
Work with CI/CD team to ensure automation jobs are scheduled and running with 0% failures
Stay up to date with latest technologies and evolve automation strategy to align to them
• Minimum 8 years of test automation experience using Selenium/Java
• 3+ years of programming experience in any one language (Python, Java etc.)
• 3+ years of experience in API automation using tools like RestAssured, SoapUI
• Knowledge of RDMBS and hands-on experience working with at least one database (eg., Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, MongoDB)
• Experience writing basic SQL queries
• Exposure to agile software development methodology (eg. scrums etc.)
• Experience working with tools like Maven, Git/BitBucket, Eclipse/IntelliJ IDE, Jenkins
• Prior experience working in Unix environments
• Test Automation experience across a variety of tech. stacks and architectures
• Excellent problem-solving, troubleshooting and RCA skills
• Strong analytical skills
• Exposure to continuous integration/deployment (CI/CD) software delivery model
• Prior experience working on software developed for different delivery environments - on-prem, cloud, hybrid etc.
Required Primary Skillset:
• Test Automation (SoapUI, PostMan, RestAssured, Selenium, Cucumber, Java)
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline,
- 8+ years of experience in Technology, with an emphasis on test automation and software development. Proven ability in writing test cases, running functional, automated, or performance tests, and managing defects
- Solid experience in test-driven development, unit testing, functional testing, system integration testing, regression testing, GUI testing, web service testing etc.
At the core of Quality Engineering
Every member of our team must be able to demonstrate the following technical, functional, leadership and business core competencies, including:
- Agile Practices
- Programming/Software Development
- Analytical Thinking
- Industry and Company Knowledge
- Problem Solving
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 17, 2020, 12:38:08 PM